• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game 28 | NYI @ NHL Punch Dummies | 12/3/19 | 7:00p Recycled Thread Initiative

Sure. Kotkaniemi needs some time to develop. Couturier was a top 10 pick and it took a little while.

As Higgins said, 2021.

Sad thing to say about your 3rd overall pick.

BRkov
this is not a plan

keeping him on is stupid. They can lose without him.

he’s bound to make a stupid move soon if he’s not canned.

It will be worse if he is fired now . New GM wants to put his stamp on the team and may make more desperate moves

Team is flawed and last year was simply a season of career years and unsustainable shooting %

31 had to give us an MVP season and he is simply not capable anymore

Now we die with that contract

That’s why he got canned in Beantown. He’s learned his lesson. Our kids get plenty of ice, and for the most part the effort is there. No coach is gonna turn Tatar into Pastrnak — no offence to Tatar.

Exactly , our best forwards are support secondary pieces . When Dano has to masquerade as your top center , your doomed unless your back end has a McAvoy , Weber , Pietro and Hughes in the top 4

Exactly , our best forwards are support secondary pieces . When Dano has to masquerade as your top center , your doomed unless your back end has a McAvoy , Weber , Pietro and Hughes in the top 4
Yup. If anyone at the start of the season would have said that the habs would have had 28 points after 27 games, nobody would have been the least bit surprised.

Its the fact that they have taken the most frustrating route to get to 28 points after 27 games that has people calling for people to be fired.

But this team is what everyone thought it is, a middling team that had everyone hit career highs that would be unlikely to repeat the performance. Chiarot=Benn, Niemi=Kinkaid. I think people forget that was our offseason.

Very early still. I didn't mind the pick, but I questioned the decision to leave him in the NHL as 18 when he was seen as a project from the get go.

After not having a #1 center since Pierre Turgeon, I can't fault them for trying when they have a chance.

Despite that I still voted Hughes on our survey back then, but KK was in my top 3 at our position.

Regardless of KK, I mostly appreciated that they started stockpiling picks and using them. There is many intriguing prospects. Even if we go 50% on the best of them, we'd be in good shape.

I hope so, but we've always had hope for our prospects. Not hearing much about that whole bunch of Finns/Swedes we drafted in recent years. If they turn out like Lehtonnen/De la Rose, not much coming there other than interchangeable parts.

Nothing against Finns/Swedes mind you. For far too many years we stood silently by while the Red Wings etc. got the best talent out of there. And all that after we had tremendous success over there early, with Naslund and Koivu. Now that we are exploring that territory again , Timmins and the rest are likely drafting the wrong ones.

Clean house

Nobody said that. I just don't think he's where he should be right now.

Technically he's a junior aged player...he's playing in the NHL and capable of handling himself quite well, doesn't look out of place and is learning.

We gotta start looking at the big picture here, KK is not in the NHL right now to be dominant or a go to guy he's here to contribute as a depth player and progress slowly but surely into a bigger role.

Part of the bigger picture is that Jesperi Kotkaniemi is selling hope to the fanbase until he’s got enough milage for the jury to make the verdict on him.

And jerseys.
He’s selling lots of jerseys and apparel$.

Part of the bigger picture is that Jesperi Kotkaniemi is selling hope to the fanbase until he’s got enough milage for the jury to make the verdict on him.

And jerseys.
Yup. If anyone at the start of the season would have said that the habs would have had 28 points after 27 games, nobody would have been the least bit surprised.

Its the fact that they have taken the most frustrating route to get to 28 points after 27 games that has people calling for people to be fired.

But this team is what everyone thought it is, a middling team that had everyone hit career highs that would be unlikely to repeat the performance. Chiarot=Benn, Niemi=Kinkaid. I think people forget that was our offseason.

Unacceptable how 8 years later , we are still trying to find ourselves ....... all on this regime

By now we should have had at least 4 building blocks like a McAvoy ,Pasta, Petersson , Boeser , Chabot etc... developed

And jerseys.

It's a process, I think the fact he's learning at the NHL level is a plus....he's practicing everyday with NHL caliber players and we know immediately what he needs to improve on.

Each player requires a different road map and I have no issues with the way he's getting handled in his development.

It's a process, I think the fact he's learning at the NHL level is a plus....he's practicing everyday with NHL caliber players and we know immediately what he needs to improve on.

Each player requires a different road map and I have no issues with the way he's getting handled in his development.

I would try him with 11 and Armia on his line for a brief stint

Said fans of Jesse Puljujarvi

He's an average skater. That's his biggest issue and I'm not sure he'll ever be able to overcome that to be an elite offensive player.

He's an average skater. That's his biggest issue and I'm not sure he'll ever be able to overcome that to be an elite offensive player.
Mark Stone is a below average skater and continues to age like fine wine...

desire + hockey IQ + size can overcome lots of hurdles - KK has IQ, I think he has desire and size will come with time (strength wise)

desire + hockey IQ + size can overcome lots of hurdles - KK has IQ, I think he has desire and size will come with time (strength wise)

Yup .... add Getzlaf , Thornton , ROR , etc.......

Said fans of Jesse Puljujarvi

I guess you didn't read this part in my post.

"Each player requires a different road map and I have no issues with the way he's getting handled in his development."

John Tavares is an average skater too and has done just find

Back