• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT. It's time for these kids to get a W. Sabers @ Leafs 730 TSN4

trujaysfan

Now that this has happened:

nylander.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Its time for them to get a win.

The only win is winning Matthews.

6 pts up on 29th place and even 30th only gives us a 20% shot at him. We won't be rising in the standing even if we do string a few games together but could be good for the development of the players to feel what a few NHL wins are like.

Meh. Even if we do hold on to 30th place, I'm going into the draft lottery with the expectation that we'll be picking fourth.

Anything higher than that will just be a bonus.

I'm really just dreading having to hear "ha ha leafs finished last and ended up with the 4th pick!" from people who have no clue how the lottery process works...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's right. I don't know what the exact odds are, but I know our odds of picking 4th are better than picking in the top-3.

I'd probably be a lot more preoccupied with picking in the top-3 if we hadn't already snagged guys with elite potential at #8 & #4 in the last two years. Adding a Matthews or Laine to that group would be incredible, but if we end up with Matthew Tkachuk instead, it's not the end of the world.

Looks like Milan Michalek's making his Leaf debut tonight, and Brad Boyes may also be set to return. PA Parenteau will also be back on Wednesday.

The Leafs already made room for Michalek & Boyes by sending down Kapanen & Leipsic, and then once Parenteau's back, that'll probably mean Hyman will be going down.

Looks like Milan Michalek's making his Leaf debut tonight, and Brad Boyes may also be set to return. PA Parenteau will also be back on Wednesday.

The Leafs already made room for Michalek & Boyes by sending down Kapanen & Leipsic, and then once Parenteau's back, that'll probably mean Hyman will be going down.
And I think they'll send Nylander down before his 10 games is up, and call up Brown so that different prospects get a taste of the NHL this year

We have to be expecting 4th.

Finish 29th? Sorry, you traded the pick before the season started. Finish 30th? First year they lottery the top 3 picks, and you have a 50% chance of 4th overall.

I'm not going in expecting 4th. I'm also not going in expecting 1st.

I'm fully anticipating that we end up 2nd. I'll be pretty disappointed actually with 3rd or 4th.

Not the end of the world, but that would suck. Because I'm feeling that Laine will be a superstar in this league.

Back