• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Leafs @/vs Habs 8pm on sportsnet1

To me, that trade was always mainly Kerfoot for Naz. Barrie being a rental didn't have a lot of value, imo. Also, seeing him up close, it's a damn good thing they got them to eat half the cap hit. The guy is not very good at anything.

Barrie is one of the worst defencemen I've seen 1 on 1 when contesting with another player. He got beat like a drum again last night to give Montreal one of their few real chances.

good news is with a healthy top 3 he won't have to face dangerous opposition as much.

The thing I've found most surprising with him is that he stinks on the pp. No lateral movement at all.

A lot of pucks were getting lost on that shitty ice.

There's something fundamentally wrong with how they make the ice.

Here are the actual lines:

1596049691468.png

Which is unfortunately what I suspected after last nights action. But it's hard to get too worked up over a 4c. That's not going to move the needle even remotely.

Yep, you were right, unfortunately.

The upside is that Robertson made it ahead of Engvall, which seems like the right move to me. Engvall in particular and that third line in general didn’t contribute much for the latter stages of the season, and could use a spark.

But I don’t understand the continued love affair with Freddie the Goat, and question the wisdom of dressing a line where two-thirds of its members are untalented plugs. Seems like a step back to the Nonis/Carlyle-era of 4th lines.

Hopefully they won’t play much.

Clifford is not just a plug. He is a legit good defensive player.

Meh. I mean, clearly at least he’s not a plug in the same mould as Orr or McLaren.

But from the (admittedly small) sample size we’ve seen of him as a Leaf so far, I’m not particularly impressed by anything other than his face-punching abilities.

he's okay. question is...since you know he'll be a 4th liner mostly, is he worth two minimum deals and (I think?) a conditional pick

he's okay. question is...since you know he'll be a 4th liner mostly, is he worth two minimum deals and (I think?) a conditional pick

good question.

In theory, legit muscle that is good defensively would be worth it. We'll get a good look at that soon.

Back