• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Maple Leafs vs Devils 7 pm LTV

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy

Maple-Leafs-01.jpg

Biggest game of the year. A must win in every sense of the word. Reimer will be in net again. There are no excuses.

It is sad though that its basically come to this. Though 2 points tonight would keep the Leafs in control still.

The way I look at it we need 7 wins (14 points) out of our next 10 games to squeak in, 3 more regulation losses and its caputski for the Leafs.

It's highly unlikely that we need 94 points to get in. The 8th seed is currently on pace for 92 points, the 9 seed for 90 points, and the 10 seed for 91.

Fwiw, the 6 seed is on pace for 93 points and the 5 seed for 97. In all likelihood, 94 points would land us in 6th.

Other than St.Louis, Leafs have 4 winnable games as long as they get stable goaltending...hopefully Bernier is back Tuesday/Friday.

I don't see the downside in starting Drew.
As far as I understand it, the bridge is already burning so we're not talking about coddling Reimer anymore, he has let in soft goals to start just about every game since Bernie's injury...what's the downside?

Back