• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

GGpX

Mete would be fabulous on a team with depth. Mete would be such a good player on a team like Nashville or Colorado.

(I could mention that he should have never been in the NHL at 19 years old, but eh, what do I know...)

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
Mete would be fabulous on a team with depth. Mete would be such a good player on a team like Nashville or Colorado.

(I could mention that he should have never been in the NHL at 19 years old, but eh, what do I know...)
not only that but at some point to be put on the first pairing with Weber even at 20-21 is not easy.I think the responsibility of having to be first and foremost as mistake free as possible defensively definitely limited his ability to be offensive minded

GEEMAN

Mete is still soooo young and is such a good skater that he has potential to be very good.
Mete needs to be Krug or Spurgeon at his size .

Fabulous skater but cant anchor a power play and puts up zero offensive numbers

He gets physically beat down low and isnt that good defending and loses puck battles in the corner

Your better off with a decent skating physical 3rd pair D to play 12 minutes a night

On many teams he is in the minors or collecting a pay cheque in Davos

GEEMAN

He hasn't played an NHL game, he will probably need a bit of seasoning first.
He should pass his playing exam in a few minutes

Well Mr . Romanov you can breath and you can walk with one foot in front of the other , welcome to the top 4 son.

GEEMAN

Apparently management calls Romanov "The Assassin."

He was great at the WJC , his strengths are by far the biggest weakness`s of young D

He is poised , sound defensively and effortlessly moves the puck in the transition game

He made some great D plays that 30 year olds dont make in the NHL

He wont be a big point producer , but if he turns into Kronwall/Sydor lite , thats fantastic for our top 4 .

GrandWazoo

For those that are bored, can read French, and are a bit masochist, like me, Mathias Brunet has a very nice series on La Presse going through all the Habs drafts dating back from 2003. He releases one by day and he was at 2013 yesterday.