• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

I don’t unless maybe if Suzuki/KK replace Domi/Danault and one of Fleury/Juulsen is added on as the asset - Chevaldayoff can’t afford anything less than a grand slam for Laine. I expect some team (IMO Canes) will eventually cry Uncle and offer up Trotchek + Pesce + 1st

The package for Laine will need to be a combo of long term digestible contract + age + addressing 2C AND top-4 D (preferably RD)

I hear ya they would want a home run deal , but may not get it

Habs offer is very fair and gives them a sniper in return

Dano is the right age and digestible contract , we can add another asset

Fleury or Juulsen does nothing for them

With the addition of JE they maybe looking at Chariot on the cheap for the next 2 years

I think he will get moved

I hear ya they would want a home run deal , but may not get it

Habs offer is very fair and gives them a sniper in return

Dano is the right age and digestible contract , we can add another asset

Fleury or Juulsen does nothing for them

With the addition of JE they maybe looking at Chariot on the cheap for the next 2 years

I think he will get moved
The Habs advantage IMO is the ability to offer up a potential top-2C in Domi / Danault - not many teams have that luxury unless they deplete the C position. What Habs don’t readily have to offer up is a top-4D specifically a RDman. Canes are the only team I can think of who have deep interest in Laine AND has the depth at C and D to be able to provide both components the Jets seek within the boundary conditions of long term digestible cost certainty.

Personally I think Domi, Mete and their first is fair. If need be throw in a 3rd next year or something.

package stinks — Mete and the 16th overall are both longshots to have an impact

The Habs advantage IMO is the ability to offer up a potential top-2C in Domi / Danault - not many teams have that luxury unless they deplete the C position. What Habs don’t readily have to offer up is a top-4D specifically a RDman. Canes are the only team I can think of who have deep interest in Laine AND has the depth at C and D to be able to provide both components the Jets seek within the boundary conditions of long term digestible cost certainty.

you would think Peg would want TT from Canes

Trocheck maybe but the Canes won't trade Pesce and their first this year. They already have a world-class sniper in Svechnikov and I seriously doubt they move their D.

There are rumors floating that a deal for Laine was almost completed last night to an Eastern Conference team. I wonder if it was Bergevin.

Personally I think Domi, Mete and their first is fair. If need be throw in a 3rd next year or something.

No you don't. It's terrible.

package stinks — Mete and the 16th overall are both longshots to have an impact

Give them anyone not named Suzuki or KK then. I really don't care.

Laine doesn't have the impact some here think he does. Just look at the numbers.

Give them anyone not named Suzuki or KK then. I really don't care.

Laine doesn't have the impact some here think he does. Just look at the numbers.

which ones? His progress has been halted since but he scored 44 goals as a 19 yr old (he turned 20 that April), after scoring 36 at 18.

only 22, worth putting a nice package together. Habs almost forced to go for it while Price and Weber are still good.

which ones? His progress has been halted since but he scored 44 goals as a 19 yr old (he turned 20 that April), after scoring 36 at 18.

only 22, worth putting a nice package together. Habs almost forced to go for it while Price and Weber are still good.

What is that "nice package" though?

Domi is a no brainer and regardless of what some may claim, he still has value. The #16 pick is a no-brainer but then what or who else? Poehling? Juulsen? Kulak? Evans? Not many names jump out at you as a done deal. Would I give up Caufield? Maybe but now you have to consider that he may be that 35-40 goal guy for far less than the $9m per year he's surely to ask for next summer when his current deal ($6.75M) is done with.

I can't really put my finger on it tbh but I have this gut feeling Laine would be a mistake unless the cost was nominal.

And his advance stats are horrible.

I guess I’ve got a different view of the player. I’ve mainly watched Laine in the playoffs, and he’s been very involved - uses his size well along boards/corners and performed well.

Reactions: CH1
The thing is, if he played like that all the time, the Jets would never want to trade him. They'd just re-sign him and keep him.

A big body who actually uses his size and can put the puck in the net with the best of them? There's literally one or two other players that fit the mold in the whole world.

Problem is, he's useless if he's not scoring. Go on the Jets' HF forums and see what they have to say about him, he's a frustrating player.

MB has to be very careful here , Drouin + Laine = over 12 million in salary for potentially two underachieving wingers

Michael McNiven's re-signed here. One year, two-way deal.

I'm surprised he agreed to come back, after the way we treated him last season.

Michael McNiven's re-signed here. One year, two-way deal.

I'm surprised he agreed to come back, after the way we treated him last season.
Gonna be hard to find work + now he becomes expansion draft fodder...even more opportunity awaits if he has a good year.

Bergy said today that he wants Gally to stay in MTL all his career, and that he knows that he can’t just offer Gally only 4-5 years, because Gally will just said until next summer to get more on the market.

Looks like Bergy is about to throw 8 years at Gally

Bergy said today that he wants Gally to stay in MTL all his career, and that he knows that he can’t just offer Gally only 4-5 years, because Gally will just said until next summer to get more on the market.

Looks like Bergy is about to throw 8 years at Gally

Color me shocked.

He's going to make $7.5M to $8M. Watch.

I finally came around to listen to that mockery of an interview. Marinaro seemed scared to ask him anything remotely close to a tough question.

Why no questions about Price's contract and needing to acquire an expensive backup? Why no questions about the amateur scouting? Why no questions about doubling down on an aging core that was mostly healthy but was in the lower third of the NHL?

If no real difficult questions are going to be asked, then save everyone their time and talk about something else.

Back