• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

We need another 1-2 years of high end picks because this core is pretty mediocre. I know by that time, Weber/Price will be done and we'll need even more pieces but we got lucky last year with our mid 1st rounder. JK might end up being a bust, but only because of expectations and where he was picked. But this rebuild is no where near done, we just need to keep it up a bit longer and make sure we get some youth signed to long term deals like Gallys.

We need another 1-2 years of high end picks because this core is pretty mediocre. I know by that time, Weber/Price will be done and we'll need even more pieces but we got lucky last year with our mid 1st rounder. JK might end up being a bust, but only because of expectations and where he was picked. But this rebuild is no where near done, we just need to keep it up a bit longer and make sure we get some youth signed to long term deals like Gallys.
Thankfully last years flirtation with a playoff spot didn't do too much damage, as we still picked a pretty good prospect. Back to bottoming out this year and next and we are right back on track.

Or just used the $2M and the extra money given to Kinkaid to pay for Mrazek on a one year deal, but alas...

For the good the pro scouting has done, they have been a complete and utter failure when it comes to free agency.

Free agency has been horrible under Bergevin besides Radulov. Prust was another good pick up but that's about it.

I think he got one thing right over the summer or at the trade deadline last season. I can't see how MB gets to fire another coach, even with this incompetent owner.
I have non doubt MBs here for the long haul and if he felt he needs to can Julien he’ll be able to. Just don’t think MB really has any intent on replacing the coach given he prioritized going overseas vs staying to watch the tire fire.

I’m even starting to think now, there was always a longer term outlook vs what the media & fans were led to believe as a simple “reset”...

Julien looked like he was about to have a mental breakdown after the game last night. Not sure if he will get canned but i would think Ducharme would be his replacement.

I don't remember what Laraque got right, but he did get one big piece of news spot-on last year.

[Edit] Right. He said a few days beforehand that the Canadiens' big plan this off-season was a contract offer to Sebastian Aho.

Julien looked like he was about to have a mental breakdown after the game last night. Not sure if he will get canned but i would think Ducharme would be his replacement.
He isn't close to getting canned.

MB either.

I think they make it to the offseason no matter where the habs are during the season.

You can tell when a coach is about to be fired, those in the media are calling for blood. Don't think MB or CJ are anywhere close that.

I don't get the feeling that either Julien or The Charlatan are close to being fired.

Maybe at the end of the year, but not right now.

I don't remember what Laraque got right, but he did get one big piece of news spot-on last year.

[Edit] Right. He said a few days beforehand that the Canadiens' big plan this off-season was a contract offer to Sebastian Aho.

Yeah he also called a few other obvious things like Duchene to the Preds and one more thing.

He isn't close to getting canned.

MB either.

I think they make it to the offseason no matter where the habs are during the season.

You can tell when a coach is about to be fired, those in the media are calling for blood. Don't think MB or CJ are anywhere close that.

I wonder if Roy is part of the plan sometime in the future

Peca 7 points in last 6 games. I think the Habs are missing that speed element with Byron injured.

Back