• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

As Dumont pointed out.

Imagine the hate max pac would he getting right now if he was captain.

Why has Weber not had his leadership questioned yet?

I'm so very glad Weber's leadership changed the culture. It's really made a world of difference.

I can't wait until people start seeing through the bullshit that is leadership.

Last edited:
So Gallagher has headaches today. Wouldn't surprise me one bit of the medical staff gave him a clean bill of health before sending him back out to play.

Leadership works if you have a healthy and/or talented team.

Leadership cannot fill the void in the scoresheet left by the absence of Drouin, Armia, Byron, Gallagher, Chiarot......

This team is missing two important top 6 players (Drouin-Armia), and another one that often plays top 6 (Byron). I'm not surprised we have fallen off...cannot blame Julien or the players for that. They are trying, and it shows because they are taking leads in games. But lack of depth and talent means you cannot maintain those leads

I've always found it funny that the same people who keep going on and on about how leadership is so vitally important to team success are also the same ones that keep aping how Mark Messier is the greatest leader in hockey history without ever mentioning how he kept missing the playoffs with the highest payroll in hockey.

Adding one big leader to a team is like adding one big, tough player with some grit. Yeah, it's nice, but adding that one player doesn't mean that suddenly, a team void of toughness/leadership, the problem will disappear like a snap of the fingers. It can't just be "one guy".

As for Max Vs Weber... Well, it's kinda simple.

One is Team Canada royalty, has won with them multiple times, always had an important role, plays a tough game.

Another is an American, not a mainstay on the American team, infamously got benched by Tortorella, is seen as soft.

As for Max Vs Weber... Well, it's kinda simple.

One is Team Canada royalty, has won with them multiple times, always had an important role, plays a tough game.

Another is an American, not a mainstay on the American team, infamously got benched by Tortorella, is seen as soft.

It also helps that Price loves Weber, and gave his blessing to getting Weber. Because Molson/Bergy are so in awe of Price that they have to run everything by him first.

It also helps that Price loves Weber, and gave his blessing to getting Weber. Because Molson/Bergy are so in awe of Price that they have to run everything by him first.

So Molson is in awe of Bergy, and Bergy is in awe of Price, and Price is in awe of Weber. So who is Weber in awe of?

Why don't they ask why cant you stop a puck ?

I give him 2 years at best in a Habs uniform .

Back