• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

Tatar, Petry and Kovalchuk must be moved. There is no reason they can’t get at least 2 firsts, 2 seconds and prospects for those 3 collectively.

Tatar, Petry and Kovalchuk must be moved. There is no reason they can’t get at least 2 firsts, 2 seconds and prospects for those 3 collectively.

I would move Gallagher also...going by market comparables for a perennial 30-goal scorer, that’s easily 8M on a max contract.

Tatar i don’t mind keeping, and i would think he would be cheaper to retain than Gallagher. If not, then trade also...

Tatar is still 28....Gallagher has miles and injuries on that small body of his....

Also, if Weber’s injury will make him miss significant portion of next season, then time to end the Carey Price era in Montreal (which for me ended when Martin freakin’ Biron outplayed him in the playoffs)

Here is next season. We will sign Kovalchuk for two years at 6m per. Price will stand on his head and carry us to the last playoff spot. We will then lose Tatar to free agency. Petry will be resigned at 7m per or lost to free agency for nothing. Bergevin will move next to no one. Sure hope I am wrong but my faith in this managment team and ownership group is non existent.

Here is next season. We will sign Kovalchuk for two years at 6m per. Price will stand on his head and carry us to the last playoff spot. We will then lose Tatar to free agency. Petry will be resigned at 7m per or lost to free agency for nothing. Bergevin will move next to no one. Sure hope I am wrong but my faith in this managment team and ownership group is non existent.

i think keeping Kovalchuk is easy to defend for management. Fans love him, and they can always say nobody offered them something significant to justify trading him. Like what’s the point in getting a 3rd rounder, fans would rather have him finish the season with the team, even if we don’t make playoffs.

Personally, at this point, trade everyone and rebuild properly

The question is

What is this bubble team going to be in 2-4 years with aging vets

Outlook isnt good but maybe better with another solid trade netting a top prospect

Unfortunately we needed Petry to be 27 not 33 .

He can still be moved a couple years from now. He doesn’t look like a candidate for rapid decline and will still be very much demand. I would test waters for a 3 or 4 year extension. At his age, he’d have a hard time finding any team to offer a lot of term.

I dunno about Domi. Maybe extend for 2 years, but definitely reassess after next year.

Hate to say it, but I think Gallagher is the one who should be moved. His cap hit could more than double, and he seems like the kind player whose decline could be quite sharp.

I dunno about Domi. Maybe extend for 2 years, but definitely reassess after next year.

Hate to say it, but I think Gallagher is the one who should be moved. His cap hit could more than double, and he seems like the kind player whose decline could be quite sharp.

And yet it’s the safest bet to make that MB resigns him....

I’m not a giant Domi fan. I think his progression will be limited. While we’re at it, I’d like to dump Drouin if/when his value rises. He will always be a disappoint, so let’s purge.

Back