• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

Always the bridesmaid?

I’m guessing he goes to NJ. Young team with talent in the NYC area.

I find it funny how certain Habs fans on twitter are going absolutely nuts that MB lost out again on a UFA.

We're talking about a 26 yr old 5'11 dman that has spent his pro career in Europe.

These guys end up in the AHL or back in Europe sooner than later.

I remember Oliwer Kaski being last years "best euro dman" after he was named the Finnish league MVP and signing with Detroit only to be traded to the Canes later that year.

It's still a free lotto ticket with upside. Rather have one than not.

I find it funny how certain Habs fans on twitter are going absolutely nuts that MB lost out again on a UFA.

We're talking about a 26 yr old 5'11 dman that has spent his pro career in Europe.

These guys end up in the AHL or back in Europe sooner than later.

I remember Oliwer Kaski being last years "best euro dman" after he was named the Finnish league MVP and signing with Detroit only to be traded to the Canes later that year.

Exactly , you get 1 out of every 10 player that pans out into anything useful , just like college free agents

Wasnt Leskinen supposed to be the next great sensation when we brought him over

It's still a free lotto ticket with upside. Rather have one than not.

he really is no different than alot of Euro pros out there with upside...he’s just really hyped up because he had a very good year last year and social media made this guy bigger than he is.

this guy could turn into a very good NHLer, who knows, but to bash an organization like alot of Habs fans are for failing to get him signed is laughable

Exactly , you get 1 out of every 10 player that pans out into anything useful , just like college free agents

Wasnt Leskinen supposed to be the next great sensation when we brought him over

yeah Leskinen is a good example.

he really is no different than alot of Euro pros out there with upside...he’s just really hyped up because he had a very good year last year and social media made this guy bigger than he is.

this guy could turn into a very good NHLer, who knows, but to bash an organization like alot of Habs fans are for failing to get him signed is laughable

Yeah...he decided to go elsewhere. Not much Bergy can do. If I were him, I'd rather play with the Leafs as well.

I am assuming he has a guaranteed job in the top 6 for next season ( if we play )

He said he'd be willing to play in Laval. He's been pretty clear about wanting to play in North America. He's got a good chance at sticking with the big boys.

He said he'd be willing to play in Laval. He's been pretty clear about wanting to play in North America. He's got a good chance at sticking with the big boys.

He should have no problem being our 4th D . Mete , Folin, Kulak , Alzner are slugs

Back