• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

I'm ok with that as well. Promoting skills is good, but I feel Julien still have his old habits when it comes with the young players and while the system should be suiting their development, he over-shelters them.
Suzuki was not over sheltered as a 20-year old rookie. Nothing wrong with having to “earn” something in life.

Suzuki was not over sheltered as a 20-year old rookie. Nothing wrong with having to “earn” something in life.

There is a fine line. I just wish management (including coaching) would be more decisive with their young players. If he's in the NHL, then play him and give him responsibility, otherwise send him in the minors to develop. Not a fan of what they did with Poehling. Or Fleury sitting for long periods.

Suzuki was sheltered but he responded well.

Yes agreed, Poehling and Fleury wasted valuable months of development by playing on/off in the NHL, or playing 4th line duties

I know its still early, but Primeau, Fleury, Poehling and KK seem to be wasting away in Laval. That team doesnt know how to score, how to defend despite having a veteran D unit, and how to win hockey games.

There's a lot of pros and cons to the Weber injury. On the downside, his injury pretty much ends our playoff hopes, but the upside is we'll likely end up with the better draft pick. The biggest downside is it gives Bergevin another excuse to not make the playoffs, but in the end it doesn't really make a difference because he won't be fired anyways.

Yes. They will blame injuries yet again and Jean de Habsfan will fall for it... again.

So will Johnny Canadiens.

Need new ownership. Period.

Swapping out GM's will not swap out mandates from above.

Back