• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019

HabsFan1

Folin does lack mobility. But I still think he is a better 7th d than Reilly.

Lindgren gets claimed in my opinion.

BURG

Mod Squad
I read that Philly is thinking about Hudon because Therrien is an assistant coach there and Therrien liked Hudon.

GGpX

I don't see any reason someone would take Charlie Lindgren. Louis Domingue is a much better goalie and nobody wanted him.

In an ideal world, he goes to Laval and splits time with Primeau while McNiven is in the ECHL.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
I read that Philly is thinking about Hudon because Therrien is an assistant coach there and Therrien liked Hudon.
You read that in the funny papers?

Then again, Therrien isn’t the brightest bulb.

Guibs

Habs didn’t put anyone on waiver today which means, unless a trade happens, one of fleury, Suzuki or Poehling will be sent down. If Habs wanted to make room for all 3, they had to waive a vet today so he would be out by tomorrow deadline.

TheCountofMonteCristo

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator
Staff member
I bet Poehling will start in Laval until they sort it out.
He's all over the tricolore sports ads, I doubt the team wants him in Laval. Who cares if we lose Reilly or Folin. Hell, if they are that afraid of losing those bums, then send Fleury down. There is no reason on earth to send Poehling down.

Krustchev

He's all over the tricolore sports ads, I doubt the team wants him in Laval. Who cares if we lose Reilly or Folin. Hell, if they are that afraid of losing those bums, then send Fleury down. There is no reason on earth to send Poehling down.
No there isn’t and you would hope the Canadiens actually want to win games too. Poehling will help with that, I think.

GrandWazoo

I agree that Poehling should be on the team, but... the Habs like to have depth on defense and they often carry 8 defensemen, but Fleury was the best of the bottom 3. On the flip side Poehling only played 2 preseason games because of a concussion. I doubt he's going to be down for long. I think the Habs are still trying to swing a trade to make room for him.

GGpX

I don't think they'll make a trade for him as much as just send someone to Laval.

I think he'll be back by November.

Hoiles

A bit surprising they sent Poehling down, but maybe it's for the best as he missed some preseason time with that concussion. Chances are that someone will get hurt in October so he'll be the first callup