• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

hairnova

News Breaker
habscamp.png

habscamp2.png

Day 1 and we have lines!!!

Team A:

Jonathan Drouin - Max Domi - Artturi Lehkonen
Charles Hudon - Nick Suzuki - Jordan Weal
Nick Cousins - Nate Thompson - Dale Weise
Michael Pezzetta/Alexandre Alain - Jake Evans - Riley Barber

Victor Mete - Shea Weber
Brett Kulak - Josh Brook
Xavier Ouellet - Noah Juulsen
David Sklenicka - Cale Fleury

Carey Price
Cayden Primeau
Michael McNiven

Team B:

Tomas Tatar - Phillip Danault - Brendan Gallagher
Paul Byron - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Joel Armia
Phil Varone - Ryan Poehling - Matthew Peca
Hayden Verbeek/Lukas Vejdemo - Michael McCarron - Alex Belzile

Ben Chiarot - Jeff Petry
Karl Alzner - Christian Folin
Otto Leskinen - Mike Reilly
Maxim Lamarche

Keith Kinkaid
Charlie Lindgren

I know some do not agree but there is some really good players on both those squads. Liking the way this team is shaping up in the years to come

Last edited:
I hope this Alzner fella can develop into a bottom pairing role

Seems to me we are definitely a top 4 defenceman and a darn good winger away from competing for anything, inlcuding possibly a playoff spot. Assuming no one (Juulsen, Brooks, Suzuki(on the wing?) )comes forward to fill the void. Otherwise we have last years team minus Shaw. Benn/Chiarot a wash. Then again I suppose, you could start with an identical roster to last year, and the results could be completely different, as nothing remains constant. .

Seems to me we are definitely a top 4 defenceman and a darn good winger away from competing for anything, inlcuding possibly a playoff spot. Assuming no one (Juulsen, Brooks, Suzuki(on the wing?) )comes forward to fill the void. Otherwise we have last years team minus Shaw. Benn/Chiarot a wash. Then again I suppose, you could start with an identical roster to last year, and the results could be completely different, as nothing remains constant. .

In typical MB fashion, he tried to improve the team by tweaking the bottom of the roster. The depth is much better at every position this year. It might make the difference in the few wins missing from last season but like you I was hoping for some top 6 or top 4 upgrade.

I guess youth should be working for us generally, instead of against us, in the top 6. Not sure we can get much more from Domi, Gallagher,and Tatar, but Drouin and Kotkiniemi have the potential for more. That still only makes 5. I like the idea have having Suzuki, Poehling in the pros to be able to measure them a little better. Been awhile since we has prospects that are at least somewhat intriguing.

Danault is definitely in our top 6. He was centering one if the very best line in the league last season. Poehling and Suzuki will pressure for spots this season, even if they might start the season in Laval. Brook might do the same on defense. At least there is done kids with potential in case of injuries. Even in net we have Primeau.

Danault is definitely in our top 6. He was centering one if the very best line in the league last season. Poehling and Suzuki will pressure for spots this season, even if they might start the season in Laval. Brook might do the same on defense. At least there is done kids with potential in case of injuries. Even in net we have Primeau.
The thought of adding Caufield and Romanov to the mix next year is totally going to rock

Back