• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

I don’t think there will be firings either, yet that is. Another few consecutive losses and that could change quickly.

It’s quite possible they’re secretly liking this tank, I just don’t know how long Molson is willing to take the heat.

According to a Russian journalist, FWIW, Hartley told MB in a phone call in Russia that he was not interested in coaching the Habs. Does that mean that MB asked him if he was interested? If so, Julien appears to be in some danger.

Yeah... a career coach from Hawksbury who's presently coaching in remote parts of Russia is not interested in coaching the Montreal Canadiens :unsure:

According to a Russian journalist, FWIW, Hartley told MB in a phone call in Russia that he was not interested in coaching the Habs. Does that mean that MB asked him if he was interested? If so, Julien appears to be in some danger.
Not worth much.

The Habs haven't announced it yet but according to the AHL transactions page, Hudon was sent back down.

He's played nine games since he was initially called up... if he plays 10 he'll have to go through waivers again to be sent down.

Wonder if they call someone else up? Not that he's done anything to warrant being claimed if it comes down to it.

The Habs haven't announced it yet but according to the AHL transactions page, Hudon was sent back down.

He's played nine games since he was initially called up... if he plays 10 he'll have to go through waivers again to be sent down.

Wonder if they call someone else up? Not that he's done anything to warrant being claimed if it comes down to it.
Won't they be one forward short, assuming no one else comes back from injury? I can see them calling someone up after the Rocket game tonight.

Yeah we only have 11 forwards right now.

I meant will they call someone new up or just bring Hudon back.

I think they'll call him back up. I saw that they had sent Hudon back only to call him backup the next day. It's just their way of saving a couple bucks of capspace...

I think they'll call him back up. I saw that they had sent Hudon back only to call him backup the next day. It's just their way of saving a couple bucks of capspace...

If that‘s the case, then it shows Molson is truly cheap.....they have lots of cap space, and still do shit like this to save pennies

No, Hudon's salary in the AHL is the same as the NHL. He's on a one-way deal.

It's actually in Hudon's advantage financially to be in the AHL because he doesn't have union dues.

Back