• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Ben Chiarot to three-year, $10.5M deal

Dominos need to start falling in the RFA market to start seeing trades.

I figure if the Isles are going to make an offer for Marner, they absolutely need to move Leddy for picks and prospects.

I would think that the Flames need to move Brodie to get Tkatchuk signed.

And of course what is Winjupeg going to do?

Dominos need to start falling in the RFA market to start seeing trades.

I figure if the Isles are going to make an offer for Marner, they absolutely need to move Leddy for picks and prospects.

I would think that the Flames need to move Brodie to get Tkatchuk signed.

And of course what is Winjupeg going to do?

Yup , I think Point gets done first

Marner probably drags on til training camp

Laine is the interesting one , doesn't deserve top end money for his body of work

Tampa needs to move ppl.

Next off season Sergachev and Vasilevsky are RFA. Along with 4 others. But once Point is signed. Vasilevsky will I’m sure be asking in the 9-10 million range as well.

Maybe they will make Sergachev available? I’m sure of their forwards Palat will be the one they will try to move out to clear up space.

Markov has most likely lost a step....he’s 40 years old and been out of the NHL for two years.

I would feel better about him playing in the NHL at 40 had he not left the league.

Great player and great Hab

would probably still help the PP though

Habs fan likes to complain for the sake of it. Teams sitting at approx $9M from cap ceiling once Armia & Lekhonen are signed - can’t do much when not only top UFAs but RFAs want nothing to do with the Mtl market

if it was a one year deal i would not care

Ferraro mentioned we should go after this guy , I trust his hockey knowledge

The key for us is Mete improving significantly this year . His positioning is his problem .

Krug is the same size but his IQ is elite .

Mete producing zilch offensively is a surprise
At the same age as Mete, Krug was still in the minors. Just saying.

prepare to be disappointed

I was disappointed with Benn...couldn't stand the guy anymore.

The cherry on the sundae was yet another puck deflecting off him into our net in that game vs Carolina in the last week which pretty much did us in.

im sure if he was that good he would be in pro scouting somewhere

ray also loved the lucic signing by the oilers

He's been approached for several jobs in a variety of roles as per Gord Miller who works with him.

I can't recall Ferraro saying anything about Lucic being a good signing or not you could very well be right

The cherry on the sundae was yet another puck deflecting off him into our net in that game vs Carolina in the last week which pretty much did us in.
Ray Ferraro also said that Benn was a great signing for the Canucks. I understand being tired of Benn but that guy doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade.

Ray Ferraro also said that Benn was a great signing for the Canucks. I understand being tired of Benn but that guy doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade.

I guess that is the thing. We paid more money for a worse version of Benn.

The only hope I have is that maybe Chiarot can improve still.

I would have much rather rolled the dice on the waiver wire (is that not how we got Kulak?) then sign a guy for 3 years that is bottom pairing and cannot pass.

Do not be so hard on Benn having a puck deflect off him...at least he did not do this....

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/video/crouse-scores-off-defender/c-66197503

That was bad luck.

In Benn's case It wasn't just one, the guy was a magnate for pucks going off him into our net, I think it must have happen at least five times.

People may say its bad luck but when you're not well positioned, not facing the play and not aware of what is going on around you things like that happen to you often.

It may have been bad luck in Benn's case too but I just had enough of this guys mistakes

Two things we learned about Marc Bergevin and the Canadiens from the failed offer sheet to Sebastian Aho

https://theathletic.com/1069484/201...from-the-failed-offer-sheet-to-sebastian-aho/

The Canadiens were one of the very best 5-on-5 teams in the NHL last season, fourth in Corsi for percentage, fifth in goals scored, sixth in expected goals for, fifth in expected goals against and doing it all without relying on wildly unsustainable percentages, finishing with a PDO of 1.001, all according to Natural Stat Trick.

Nice numbers that can't be ignored. The Habs played well last season.

Back