• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade Scandella to Blues

Sal_Butera

What happened to this draft being the best since 2003? Seems to me scouts are telling GMs there’s not much there with all the 1st & 2nd rounders being dealt

Perhaps they can resign him in the off-season since he is a local boy. Hate to say this, but I hope that this means that management has realized that this season is lost and this will only be the start of offloading some players for prospects or picks

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Now tell Shea to remove his skates and chill. Don't need him to compromise his health in vain.

Habs4Life

Solid trade. Scandella is a dime a dozen. We gave a 4th and got a 2nd.

Interesting though.... $4m off the books allows Habs to take on money as well.

Guibs

Turned a fourth into a second.
Solid asset management again.

I get people are upset about us not making the playoff in the last few years, but Bergevin 2.0, the one who started that "reset" is doing a good job. If we had fired Bergevin and replaced him with another guy who would do all of the exact move Bergevin did, everyone would be raving about that guy.

Bergevin has been doing great trades, not giving up our future. It's unfortunate that some media just don't buy into that "rebuild" which was needed for us.

GEEMAN

What happened to this draft being the best since 2003? Seems to me scouts are telling GMs there’s not much there with all the 1st & 2nd rounders being dealt
Too much parity right now , you got 20+ teams in the mix

One good or bad week can drop you 5 spots

Plus giving up a second or late first is nothing if your close

Unless your ripping up your prospect pool a decent addition could be the difference , too much on the line and many teams are on the hot seat

worm

same thing that happens every year

BEST DRAFT EVER

oh wait....next year is best draft ever

Krustchev

Too much parity right now , you got 20+ teams in the mix

One good or bad week can drop you 5 spots

Plus giving up a second or late first is nothing if your close

Unless your ripping up your prospect pool a decent addition could be the difference , too much on the line and many teams are on the hot seat
Yeah . . . but Scandella sucks. He’s just a warm body at this point.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Solid asset management again.

I get people are upset about us not making the playoff in the last few years, but Bergevin 2.0, the one who started that "reset" is doing a good job. If we had fired Bergevin and replaced him with another guy who would do all of the exact move Bergevin did, everyone would be raving about that guy.

Bergevin has been doing great trades, not giving up our future. It's unfortunate that some media just don't buy into that "rebuild" which was needed for us.
Yeah. Bergevin's strength is making deals. Problem is, the larger "reset" plan is flawed -- it's like attempting to thread a camel through a needle. You better hit on all your mid 1st and 2nd round picks. Timmins and his scouting team spent 10 yrs drafting shit. It's highly probable that any of us could have done a better job simply by picking prospects we read about on the internet.

GGpX

Said by nobody.

Best draft since 2003 already happened, it was in 2015.