• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

LeafOfFaith

There was no drafting error. They said there was. They lied. The bill was written as is and agreed upon as is and will be voted on tonight as is.
Why are you certain there was no error? Why would they agree to overpaying and then almost immediately oppose it?

zeke

Why are you certain there was no error? Why would they agree to overpaying and then almost immediately oppose it?
Because they are dishonest and need to make a fake show to their voters at home they are fighting against spending even though they know the bill will pass. This is the way the gop does business.

zeke

So what the GOP just did was make a fake amendment to "fix" the bill which they knew would never get the 60 votes needed to pass, but allowed all of them to go on record as voting for so that later on they can tell their voters they fought against the spending.

Meanwhile, the actual bill is about to pass unanimously. Like the relief bill under Bush did. Because dems don't let use crises to try and destroy the other part's president.

Meanwhile, when critical stimulus needed to be passed under Obama, the GOP all pretended they would vote for it if it was bipartisan, negotiated so that the Dems would give them some things....and then they all voted against it anyways, becuz **** obama.

zeke

And the bill just passed unanimously 96-0, as everyone knew it would.

The GOP gets to delay the bill witj their fake show protests, even after they just spent 3 days excoriating the dems for delaying the bill even though the dems actually did it to win real and important concessions.

LeafOfFaith

Because they are dishonest and need to make a fake show to their voters at home they are fighting against spending even though they know the bill will pass. This is the way the gop does business.
Oh, so you’re a graduate of the Teeds School of Proving Stuff.

LeafOfFaith

Hope not. I swear it didn’t let me sleep last night. Opening may not hold, but it’s a relief not to see it down 1000 immediately.

Preston

Hope not. I swear it didn’t let me sleep last night. Opening may not hold, but it’s a relief not to see it down 1000 immediately.
You (and zeke) have to remember that all of this shit was baked into prices weeks ago. We all knew unemployment would go up when they're essentially half shutting down the country. We also know it's temporary for the vast majority of people. Smart money have been positioning themselves for a post-covid world.

LeafOfFaith

You (and zeke) have to remember that all of this shit was baked into prices weeks ago. We all knew unemployment would go up when they're essentially half shutting down the country. We also know it's temporary for the vast majority of people. Smart money have been positioning themselves for a post-covid world.
For sure, but it’s all about the numbers. If they reported 7m, that wouldn't have been priced in and shit would be crashing. Plus getting the stimulus back on track helps too.

LeafOfFaith

No idea where it ends up today but imagine how fucking beat up and destroyed things were that a 3.8m number actually sent markets up for now.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Suffered a paper cut in my futures account trying to fight the bull today. But man, those pot stocks are killing it.

KHRN +11%
CRON +10%
VLNS +10%
TRUL +5%