• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Preston

I'm not posting in the other threads for a reason, ME. I don't know why Preston even asked the question here. I really don't want to have any more conversations about this stuff. I think a lot of what I see in the threads is ignorant and naive garbage that people find easy to philosophize about with strangers online because it makes them sound good and feel good, and because none of it fucking actually affects them anyway. In my perfect world, some accomplished business industry leader takes the presidency, identifies all the inefficiencies in government, flushes it all out over the course of eight years, and turns the government into the minimalist well-oiled machine the founding fathers intended it to be. Anyway, that's my final word on the subject.
My apologies. I asked because you used the kindergarten level insult on Joe Biden that only Trump and his followers use. It was a natural question. You have the right to your opinion and I have the right to think you're wrong.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
ie Private Prisons -- great for shareholders; not so great for society
The US military is the least efficient jobs program in the history of the universe, is another. If the US was being run like a business, it would be 1/3rd the size at most and bases wouldn't be placed around the country to maximize votes for red state senators, but for actual efficiencies in defence.

Reactions: CH1

LeafOfFaith

My apologies. I asked because you used the kindergarten level insult on Joe Biden that only Trump and his followers use. It was a natural question. You have the right to your opinion and I have the right to think you're wrong.
See, now you're pissing me off all over again. It was a fucking joke, for **** sake. It was tied to the fact that a list of five things had six items. I mean, jesus fucking christ. You have the right to think I'm wrong. Wrong about fucking what?? About making a joke? ****.

Preston

So it turns out that ignoring the coronavirus is bad for the stock market. Not a very savvy business move if I do say so myself. Looks like things are about to get heavy around this bitch.

Preston

See, now you're pissing me off all over again. It was a fucking joke, for **** sake. It was tied to the fact that a list of five things had six items. I mean, jesus fucking christ. You have the right to think I'm wrong. Wrong about fucking what?? About making a joke? ****.
Not wrong about the nickname. I don't care about that. I laughed at your joke. Anyway you take things too personally. Relax. I love you.

LeafOfFaith

Not wrong about the nickname. I don't care about that. I laughed at your joke. Anyway you take things too personally. Relax. I love you.
It's not right, man. I'm not taking anything personally. I just find it obnoxious to see that the default setting these days is waiting for someone to open their mouth and then just making value judgments. I don't care that you think I'm wrong, whatever you may happen to think I'm wrong about. You asked, you even couched it with "no judgment", and then proceeded to declare me "wrong" about something that is pure opinion and preference. It's nothing personal, it's just obnoxious behavior.

LeafOfFaith

Anyway.

Either I'm a dip buyer or a dipshit buyer, but I accumulated 50% of my position in my target today. I hate doing it piecemeal, but it's just too risky to go all in just yet. Now I have to stress over getting the rest of it, but I'm happy to have bought it considerably less than what it was trading at yesterday.

Preston

It's not right, man. I'm not taking anything personally. I just find it obnoxious to see that the default setting these days is waiting for someone to open their mouth and then just making value judgments. I don't care that you think I'm wrong, whatever you may happen to think I'm wrong about. You asked, you even couched it with "no judgment", and then proceeded to declare me "wrong" about something that is pure opinion and preference. It's nothing personal, it's just obnoxious behavior.
I said I think you're wrong but nowhere did I say I'm a better person than you because I believe you are wrong. Absolutely 0 judgement given my man. The world would be a boring place if we all agreed on every topic. I love you. Remember that.

LeafOfFaith

Uhh. The judgment is in telling someone they're "wrong". And again, wrong about what? That I was optimistic about someone from outside the political machine getting a shot, I lean Republican but don't like either party all that much, that the ever increasing polarization between the parties and the population as a whole is concerning. I mean, what in the hell is there to be "wrong" about in that?

Anyway, truth be told, I don't give a shit. So continue loving me and leave this garbage for the other thread.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Anyway.

Either I'm a dip buyer or a dipshit buyer, but I accumulated 50% of my position in my target today. I hate doing it piecemeal, but it's just too risky to go all in just yet. Now I have to stress over getting the rest of it, but I'm happy to have bought it considerably less than what it was trading at yesterday.
Buying in piecemeal chunks is actually the way to go.

Preston

Uhh. The judgment is in telling someone they're "wrong". And again, wrong about what? That I was optimistic about someone from outside the political machine getting a shot, I lean Republican but don't like either party all that much, that the ever increasing polarization between the parties and the population as a whole is concerning. I mean, what in the hell is there to be "wrong" about in that?

Anyway, truth be told, I don't give a shit. So continue loving me and leave this garbage for the other thread.
I said I believe you are wrong. Put in another way, I disagree with some of the things that you said about what you believe is needed to successfully run a country. I disagree with CH1 almost every day and I haven't seen a single hissy fit from him.

THANK YOU CH1!!!

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
That's because when people agree with me too much, I start doubting whether I'm right or not. Thank You, Preston!

LeafOfFaith

Buying in piecemeal chunks is actually the way to go.
I know. I'm just so impatient about it. I want to be able to buy the rest more cheaply, but I will be annoyed if it jumps right back to where it was before. From a wider lens though, these down days are too painful with the rest of the holdings to be hoping for more downside, but I can bear it temporarily to get in fully on something I want. The boogeyman lurking though is whether this is the beginning of a larger blow to the longs, or just a momentary entry point.

LeafOfFaith

I said I believe you are wrong. Put in another way, I disagree with some of the things that you said about what you believe is needed to successfully run a country. I disagree with CH1 almost every day and I haven't seen a single hissy fit from him.

THANK YOU CH1!!!
I have no problem with disagreement. I have come to expect it from this board on just about anything ever said, even in this thread. But knowing this political bullshit has literally got me to stop posting in the other threads, bringing it up because of an innocent joke that I'd have made whether republican or democrat, and saying you ask without judgment, only to immediately declare me "wrong" was too fucking annoying all the way around to not make a point about it.

Preston

For the record, my first batch of cash I have on the sidelines is being deployed when SPX hits 2750. I deployed 75% of the cash I had available in dump 1.0 for my long folio and actually sold all of it at 2980ish to put into a safer vehicle + bought $SLV with some as well. The final 25% will be deployed very slowly, less than 5% at a time, and will gladly add more cash to my account if things start looking apocalyptic. If a doomsday event is avoided and I still have a fuckton of cash on my hands? Well guess what? CBII will still be priced at 10c. Nom nom nom!