• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

I think the buy hold and grow old strategy is the best. Unless you’re looking to create near term income, then I guess you trade. But I seriously question whether the daily trading is better than just near term holds. Like having five stocks you think are going to do great in the near term and just sit on them for a few weeks or till your gains are good enough.

I think the buy hold and grow old strategy is the best. Unless you’re looking to create near term income, then I guess you trade. But I seriously question whether the daily trading is better than just near term holds. Like having five stocks you think are going to do great in the near term and just sit on them for a few weeks or till your gains are good enough.
There are people who make more than a living trading, but I agree it's not easy to beat the market.

If you're even a little unhappy or feeling FOMO over your folio performance, you should know that you're doing far better than most. Far better.

I will say that my degenerate account that I've had open for 2 and a half years has outperformed my index long accounts by about... just under 8 times. But again, that's a unique fortunate situation. I've made my share of hilariously bad plays where I grabbed modest losses, but luckily I've kept those losses small and went about 50 times heavier on the stocks I believed in. When I tried to get fancy I failed horribly for the most part. Took me a bit to realize that but once I did it was fairly smooth sailing.

And as CH1 said, it's all going to crash soon so my performance today means diddly squat. But being mostly cash is nice in case that happens.

Man LOF the way you've been talking I assumed you were getting crushed. You're killing it.

Really? I guess because I'm not really giving updates, it seems that way. But no, I'm just in awe of CH's 3x and 4x tech plays, which have been amazing, amazing calls. So yeah, there's a bit of fomo. But the funny thing is, sometimes I step back and go, wait, I'm kinda all invested, so there isn't any more capital to do more with at the moment. I do keep a bit of cash aside that does nothing, but I'm not really looking to put it in play. That's why I waited on a couple of buys till I could get out of EA and reallocate.

I will say that my degenerate account that I've had open for 2 and a half years has outperformed my index long accounts by about... just under 8 times. But again, that's a unique fortunate situation. I've made my share of hilariously bad plays where I grabbed modest losses, but luckily I've kept those losses small and went about 50 times heavier on the stocks I believed in. When I tried to get fancy I failed horribly for the most part. Took me a bit to realize that but once I did it was fairly smooth sailing.

And as CH1 said, it's all going to crash soon so my performance today means diddly squat. But being mostly cash is nice in case that happens.

I think we're all waiting for the downward move, but really, what would precipitate anything major and lasting at this point? Covid hasn't hurt the big boys that are running the table, so I guess the next culprit would be a dramatic drop in spending across the board. That, and people concluding that things went too far too fast, and taking profits en masse. But which is the more likely near term outcome, that or progressively better news on the virus slowing and vaccines becoming available?

Are these your next picks?

Both were part of my pre-covid tech basket; and I'll be be watching them for re-entry. While my account is doing very well, I am feeling "out of sync" to be honest.

Kind of gun shy about adding anything other than gold/silver and weed these days. But I did buy a bit of Twitter the other day.

thus just in: Gold and Silver again ripping overnight. folks are spooked by inflation fears amid the JPOW printing press.

I'm kinda with Buffett on gold and silver not really being legit investments. I can understand why people like it, but it's not really for me.

I don't currently have any prospects that I'm tracking with any intention. Everything is on a run. The one area of weakness that seems investable for me are banks and financials, but they are very risky. They're at attractive entry points relative to their highs, and pay nicely, but I could easily see them dropping 10%-20% at any moment.

I don’t consider gold and silver investments; but I think they provide interesting multi year trades during times when central banks fall in love with their printing presses.

Yeah not investments at all but in the right environment they're fucking unreal performers.

A case where timing the market is essential. The March dump was a gift.

Yep. My GLD calls are > 4 baggers now. Just like my TRUL warrants. MVPs of my folio right now.

Historical low yields are a poor backdrop for banks

True enough. But they are making untold billions off of loan originations, and there's probably more of that coming, and in some waves. And really, there may not be much appreciation in the cards for the next little while, but if they continue paying their dividends, that alone might be enough to warrant a flyer if there's a dip. At least for me.

Reactions: CH1
Back