• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

I don’t think Shorts would cover AH went liquidity is at its lowest.

Maybe an ETF had to rebalance?

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.
CMD speculates that he thinks it's just a whale trying to fuck shorts up the ass. Doesn't believe it's news related because it would be way too suspicious if it was.

Best case, this spoke shorts across the sector and things start to change sector-wide. Shorts were far too comfortable. Easy easy money for them for months. This is what happens when a whale wants to fuck your shit up. Tread lightly. Hopefully at least.

So that was anti-climactic haha. But a good day overall. The CL-OH thing played out how I thought it would.. shorts latched onto CL (smartly) as it dumped and OH was green. And then shorts appeared to cover on CL and they both closed near high of day. Should see the NR tomorrow morning stating that all is good and the deal will close in November. 3.68% arby on OH right now, so pretty much inconsequential at this stage. If there's a pop on the NR then I might sell some into it because I'm thinking it may sell off afterwards, but I'll take a look at the rest of the sector and determine my options then. I feel good about being pretty aggressive on my OH buys in the 5.30's and below.

And then November is the hard part really.. Need to decide if I want to keep my OH and wait patiently for my shares to transfer or sell OH and buy CL so I at least have some liquidity in the meantime. I have a feeling that may be a popular move when all is said and done. I'm long on CL though.. Terrific company. Very bullish on them. Them and GTII are my largest holdings by a longshot. So I want a piece of the action for sure; just need to think of a gameplan and to be honest, sometimes keeping it simple is for the best... A lot can change in the sector in a month though so we shall see.

crazy day. thought of buying puts in CRON at the opening but chose puts in NFLX. worked well.
ROKU face-ripper continued unabated. but just had a runner.
late session thrust in PYX and HARV. never a dull moment in the cannabis patch.

Uhhhh

Fun fact:

The top 10 LPs have dropped from C$105B to C$30B market caps and
The t top 10 MSOs have dropped from C$42B to C$16B

And thanks to a perfect storm of nearing the top of the channel with shit bull volume along the way up, HEXO embarrassing themselves and MMEN spending trillions on blow and hookers... Shit's getting to beyond extreme levels of despair with little signs of recovery.

TNY seems strong at least, ME.

After bottoming out, yeah, they've bounced back okay. Still taking a beating on behalf of the industry overall. Canadian partners announced this week (as per a semi private conference call with Jeff last night), cannabis free beverages picking up mainstream acceptance (just signed a deal to put them in all 150 BevMo stores in Cali-AZ-Washington, with more large chain deals in the works), cannabis beverage sell through generally strong with more PAD's coming online monthly, Long Beach going through the licensing process currently, expected done before end of quarter with a bag of co pack deals lined up for LB completion (co pack clients are being given the option of running now off of the desert springs line, but being limited from a container standpoint, or waiting for LB to be ready) a number of the co pack deals are expected to be "celebrity endorsed" THC infused products.

Bizdev is going well, even if the SP has taken a beating along with everyone else.

as an aside, anyone who had puts for BYND, bravo. Shares unlocked today and apparently nobody thinks they can sell billions worth of fake meat to justify the valuation yet. Trimmed almost 2 billion in MCap today.

I had puts (didn’t hold all the way, but banked nice coin)

Today I bought a few calls.

After the close:

VGW with a major white label deal with BRNT vapes for $50 M plus

LHS with decent revenue

I'm going to buy puts as protection, as I actually own some UBER shares from a private placement three yrs ago. My shares are not "insider", but their lock up expires at the same time.

We got in at a $40 B evaluation (better than Softbank who ponied up at almost double the price, but it still won't yield me much in terms of return).

So, I'll manage my position with puts... until the lockup expires, or more precisely until my account gets the shares.

Having said that, Uber has already been punished, so I don't see a meltdown like Beyond Meat.

I'm kind of bracing for a worst case scenario where the stock grinds lower while I lose money on the premium my puts will cost.

For the overall market, I'm bullish. I think the Santa Rally happens...though it can all change with a single Dotard tweet.

Tis early, but UBER shit out 7% today.

I really need to get comfy with options trading.

options are great. they get a bad rap because some people get overly aggressive and blow out their accounts.

I missed a beauty this aft -- ANET is getting crushed after hours. Someone who purchased ten 205 puts today just turned $400 into $10,000. (if it opens at 195 tomorrow). If it opens at 200, the payout will be $5K +.

Man.. People are going to make a lot of fucking coin playing the next MJ hype cycle. I didn't think we'd see 100-200% bull moves in the sector again, but some names have dumped so much that it's inevitable. Sentiment is a hell of a thing. Things will get silly again.. Problem is, bottom may not be in for quite some time.

I learned along the way, but I did flip through Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options. It's the official reference book put out by the option clearing house. It's dry as fuk with a bunch of stuff I'll never use (ie debt options, etc)

But it has all the technical info and lingo you will need; you can download it here.
https://www.theocc.com/components/docs/riskstoc.pdf

This kindle book caught my eyed because I like the author, but I have not yet read it.
https://www.amazon.ca/Swing-Trading...refinements=p_27:Ivaylo+Ivanov&s=books&sr=1-1

Man.. People are going to make a lot of fucking coin playing the next MJ hype cycle. I didn't think we'd see 100-200% bull moves in the sector again, but some names have dumped so much that it's inevitable. Sentiment is a hell of a thing. Things will get silly again.. Problem is, bottom may not be in for quite some time.

Yeah. LHS jumped 27% today. Just a 200% move away from ATH.

Back