• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

....and it pops. on news: S&P Affirms Ratings, Raises Outlook From Negative To Positive

I bought TSLA calls. It seems coiled for a big move.
That's a great move. If I was more comfortable trading options I would have been all over that one. Almost bought shares today but hesitated. Has potential to pop a lot more too. Congrats.

options are scary...but you can start by playing really small. I bought calls 332.5 strike, expiring next Friday (Nov 15) at 2.66.

If you bought 1 call, it would have cost $266 + commish. That's the most you can lose. If you choose to be prudent and decide to put a stop loss at the low of the day 1.61, you're looking at losing $105 + commish.

They have almost doubled, but if you think the stock has more to run, it can easily hit $10.

So, I'm risking $105 to make $740.

The asymmetrical risk/reward is what I like about options.

I own ROKU stock in my RSP, but didn't hold any calls as volatility premiums get crushed after earnings. The opportunity might be to buy calls on a dip as soon as tomorrow (for a quick flip). We'll see.

I own ROKU stock in my RSP, but didn't hold any calls as volatility premiums get crushed after earnings. The opportunity might be to buy calls on a dip as soon as tomorrow (for a quick flip). We'll see.
did you go for it?

I'm working Roku, Bidu and GS calls. Roku not doing much but BIDU and GS look great.

Former Canopy CEO Bruce Linton lands a new gig as Chairman of VREO. Good enough for a 30% pop.

changed my mind. not ready to pack it in yet. bought the dip to 124.40, hoping to squeeze more juice out of ROKU.

still holding BIDU and GS

Bought a significant amount of Origin House yesterday after selling most of mine at a small loss at 5.30. Have to say.. I actually kind of expected this to happen at some point. I've seen CSE fuckery far too often. Shorts got greedy. Things getting unreasonable. This was obviously the best case scenario but in all honesty I made the play fully thinking that this would happen. And it did. With the help of some Cresco news, but regardless.. I was never really questioning whether the deal would close or not and I knew that once we got even a slight hint at something going down, shorts would be fucked. I feel validated.

that's the satisfying part of this racket. plan your trade. trade your plan. and live with the results.

that's the satisfying part of this racket. plan your trade. trade your plan. and live with the results.
Been getting better with the TA side of it, but I think my real strides have come on the psychological aspects of trading. I've become real comfortable reading sentiment and thinking two steps ahead. Haven't been too aggressive since getting back into the MJ sector recently but there are plenty of opportunities even in a downtrend. Volatility is still there and it's beautiful.

I have no feel for the sector anymore, so happy to hear about anything that sticks out for you.

Back