• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

How did you hear about Forum Ice?

How did you hear about Forum Ice?

• Word of mouth

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Myspace or Facebook

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • You came from another hockey board

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

ppenguins82

So since some of us, myself included, have recently been trying to recruit new posters to the board to join the wonderful FI family :grouphug:, I was just wondering, how did you first hear about Forum Ice?

I love the idea. I would suggest on putting search on google or something like that also.

I heard about Forum Ice when I received a friend request on myspace 2 years ago for the FI myspace site from Habspatrol. I had never posted on a chat board prior to this, so when I first signed up here, I was a bit shy about posting. After lurking for a bit, I got into the swing of things, and the rest is history. I am thankful for all the great people that I have met on here. Plus, I have an added bonus...I met my boyfriend of almost 2 years, Habspatrol, on here!:smile(21):

well I found out about this site by word of mouth by sz. He tried to get me on earlier but I was a little ify since I never posted on a hockey forum. But once I goot here now I cannot shut up. :party:

Our experiences sound similar Kristin! I had no idea how to post!! :lol Poor Ray put up with 100 and 1 questions from me. How do I add an avatar?? How do I edit a post?? :lol

he must of thought you were nuts at first pp lol well, I posted elsewhere so I knew all the basics but I felt like I was going to be a dumb dumb compare to some of these posters. I always like hockey but I really didn't get into it till the year after the lockout and it was but like I said sz tried to get me on here earlier but I kept looking at the posts and i kept saying nah. Now that I am on I cannot shut up because you guys are great. (BTW I am going to sticky this).

Yeah, sometimes I gotta wonder after all those questions how he wanted to date me! :lol I guess the love of hockey really does bring people together! :smilewinkgrin: And I was intimidated, being that this was my virgin board, but once I found that for the most part, the posters are really easy to get along with, it eased my mind!

:incazzato: Uhh' I can't remember, I wanna say myspace.:shrug I know this much Kristen didn't know how to log in.

:cheers2:

I knew how to log on it just wouldn't let me stay log on!!! So I had to remember me lol.

Madpuck sent me this way. He was my boss at the time and I gave a hearty "yes sir I'll check it out!" lol, grease the company wheels any way you can.

:incazzato: Uhh' I can't remember, I wanna say myspace.:shrug I know this much Kristen didn't know how to log in.

:cheers2:

You don't remember me sending you a message on MySpace via the ForumICE page?

I found ForumICE through Habsy. He said that he was thinking about creating a new, no bullshit hockey board. I said sounds great. Shortly after arriving here I offered to mod the Fantasy hockey board and Habsy took me up on the offer. Then maybe a month or so later he made me an administrator... and the rest is history.

That's the short version.

Back