• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

La Standings Reale

20200122_083806.jpg

Nothing's gonna come easy this year. The East vs West discrepancy is as big as I've ever seen.

9 of the top 12 teams are from the East, and we're not one of those 9.

Gonna need this slump to end ASAP and we probably can't afford any similar slumps the rest of the way.

Makes me sick that were a bubble team with this amount of talent. Were trending to be a wild card team at best at this rate. Just infuriating

Yep, since Keefe the Leafs are playing at the 4th best point percentage in the league (.673%) while receiving .901 goaltending.

The goaltending absolutely needs a solution though. It seems to be getting worse (.888% over the last month). Funny bit about that last month though is that the Leafs are carrying the goaltending to excellent results overall. They're rocking a .679% point percentage over that period (7th in the league over the month)

I still have faith that Freddie, as usual, will rebound for a good long stretch at some point soon. So, with the run the Leafs made to get them mostly out of the hole dug with Babcock behind the bench, I'm still pretty confident they'll end up comfortably in a playoff spot.

But I don't have any faith that "Bad Freddie" won't make his usual re-appearance for the playoffs.

So yeah, please Dubie...figure something out. We need someone who's at least a plausible alternative for us to turn to when Freddie's going through one of his lengthy brutal stretches, otherwise this will be another lost season.

Freddy's at .909 thru 39gms this year, and posted a .909 over his last 39gms last year. that's scary.

no room for slip ups - we might need 100pts to make the playoffs at this rate.

Freddy's at .909 thru 39gms this year, and posted a .909 over his last 39gms last year. that's scary.

no room for slip ups - we might need 100pts to make the playoffs at this rate.

So what you're saying is that it might be downright likely that this is just Freddy declining?

Fuck

It's not uncommon for goalies to start to decline in their late 20's, early 30's either. Holtby, Price, Quick, Jones, Talbot, Schneider, Howard, Bobrovsky were all varying level of good, reliable starting goalies who fell off between 28-32 and stopped being good, reliable starters.

Hopefully he's not fucked, we've still got one more year of him under contract and we fucking need him to not be trash, but almost 80 games straight now of .909 hockey is not encouraging in the least.

They're getting something in the range of .950% goaltending over the last month.
Yeah, I picked up Elvis in my hockey pool so I am very aware haha. Wonder if its just a hot streak or he is legit.

I recall cbj having good analytics but shit tending earlier on

Man they have such an easy schedule coming up in the next 10. Dallas and Florida are the only half decent teams. I'd be pissed if they lost any of the others.

But they should probably beat Florida too. I'm mostly eyeing a wildcard spot at this point. I want Boston again.

After this 10 game stretch is a very tough 4 game stretch with the Pens, Canes, Lightning and Panthers. So they have to put themselves in a good position heading into those games. This is a crucial 10 games - ideally 14 points at minimum here, but 16+ would make me far more comfortable.

Gah. I'm so expecting the offense to light it up but am more than a little concerned about our backstop situation heading into the big crunch.

i'd still be on Freddy getting hot again and bringing his numbers back up to normal.

but it'll always be an open question whether he times a hot streak for the playoffs.

i'd still be on Freddy getting hot again and bringing his numbers back up to normal.

but it'll always be an open question whether he times a hot streak for the playoffs.

It's a pure coin-flip whether we get "good Freddie" or "bad Freddie" to start the playoffs.

And even if that coin lands on the right side, it's an open question how long he can sustain it for. Last year's playoffs was just shy of two entire months from start-to-finish, and I'm not sure we've ever seen Freddie maintain one of his hot streaks for that long.

Never mind that we'll also need "good Freddie" more often than not down the stretch to get into the playoffs in the first place, unless Dubas does something to upgrade the goalending between now and then deadline.

It's a pure coin-flip whether we get "good Freddie" or "bad Freddie" to start the playoffs.

And even if that coin lands on the right side, it's an open question how long he can sustain it for. Last year's playoffs was just shy of two entire months from start-to-finish, and I'm not sure we've ever seen Freddie maintain one of his hot streaks for that long.

Never mind that we'll also need "good Freddie" more often than not down the stretch to get into the playoffs in the first place, unless Dubas does something to upgrade the goalending between now and then deadline.

tbh what's more worrying to me is that we kinda did get good freddie in the playoffs last year.....and then he choked in game 7 anyways.

Back