• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

La Standings Reale

You guys could always keep almost everything the same and try it all again next year.

Leaving the obvious jab aside, that’s precisely what MB is going to do. He’s appeasing Price and Weber by not gutting the team.

Petry, Tatar, Kovalchuk, Weber and if at all possible Price should be moved out for a slew of youth and picks.

Instead he’ll resign Kovalchuk.

Trade Weber and tell price to live with the ramifications his contract that nobody is going to want.

Then tank. If Carey wants out, he can retire and walk away from the money

Florida loses to MTL and Columbus only gets a loser point vs Buffalo.

Golden opportunity to make up ground. We could gain four points on Florida in the next three days with our game against Ottawa tonight and Monday’s game against Florida.

They remind me of how we used to be.

Trying to lie to themselves and pretend they're able to perfectly balance trying to "be competitive" and "build for the future" without realizing they're just doing a shit job at both.

Trade Weber and tell price to live with the ramifications his contract that nobody is going to want.

Then tank. If Carey wants out, he can retire and walk away from the money

Yeah, I don’t see why they should need to “appease” Price. It’s not like he’s even holding up his end of the bargain.

Golden opportunity to make up ground. We could gain four points on Florida in the next three days with our game against Ottawa tonight and Monday’s game against Florida.

As crummy as I think Andersen's been at times this year...

Anderson .910
Bobrovsky .898

Yikes.

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun

Belief from some teams that the price to rent out Ilya Kovalchuk from Mtl is no less than a 2nd RD pick; also hearing Habs have discussed merits of keeping him b/c of his positive impact both on ice/in the room. Still 3 weeks to go before Feb. 24 but might be 11th hour decision.

:ROFLMAO: Jesus.

Like I was saying, inconsistent goaltending. The team up front is pretty darn good.

Ill never understand why GMs who are clearly out of the playoff picture refuse to deal UFAs for assets.

If you want him back resign him in July but get everything you can for him now

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun

Belief from some teams that the price to rent out Ilya Kovalchuk from Mtl is no less than a 2nd RD pick; also hearing Habs have discussed merits of keeping him b/c of his positive impact both on ice/in the room. Still 3 weeks to go before Feb. 24 but might be 11th hour decision.

:ROFLMAO: Jesus.

I meant I posted before that MB would probably resign Kovalchuk instead of dump players for picks.

As crummy as I think Andersen's been at times this year...

Anderson .910
Bobrovsky .898

Yikes.

I can't inagine the league wide outrage if a Toronto Gm signed Bobrovsky to that deal. I actually heard a Panbthers play by play guy on sirius defending Bob and saying how many "Big saves" he makes nightly.

I can't inagine the league wide outrage if a Toronto Gm signed Bobrovsky to that deal. I actually heard a Panbthers play by play guy on sirius defending Bob and saying how many "Big saves" he makes nightly.

That had to be Randy Moller. Super nice guy but huge Panther homer.

Tissue soft schedule in the next six games. Would like to see AT LEAST 9 points . Would put them at a 98 point pace with 22 games left.

And then they have a real tough five game stretch where they just need to survive. Six points in that stretch allows them to maintain that 98 point pace with 17 games left. Play at a 106 point pace to close those 17 games and they get 100 points. Now that may not be enough but it would be real impressive it they do it just based on where they were at under babs.

This next stretch is huge though. Easiest stretch of games they have left. Have to take care of business.

Back