• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs acquire Jack Campbell and Kyle Clifford

Hilarious that you're still shitting on Spezza in a 4th line role at this point.

Maybe you'd rather have Shore or Lindholm back in that role?

Definitely not, but I like all of our home grown bottom guys. I like Gauthier and Tima a fair amount. And then that other spot was filled nicely by Moore, and even more nicely by whoever gets bumped when Mikheyev comes back. I just don't want to see some plugger being jammed into the lineup because he's "tough". Hopefully he's not that, and is much better than that.

Dubas on Clifford's grit:

"to me it doesn't matter. The fighting part is a tough thing to want someone to go out there and do that. I know its part of the game, but its a difficult thing to ask someone to do. He is certainly a tough person but thats not really how we define it. I know that the narrative of our team and how we've constructed it is that we've shied away from players that have those elements but can't play. If you have those elements, if you are physical, competitive and have a presence to you you have to be able to play... He can play."

Definitely not, but I like all of our home grown bottom guys. I like Gauthier and Tima a fair amount. And then that other spot was filled nicely by Moore, and even more nicely by whoever gets bumped when Mikheyev comes back. I just don't want to see some plugger being jammed into the lineup because he's "tough". Hopefully he's not that, and is much better than that.

We disagree on Spezza, but definitely agree on this point.

I won't claim to know a damn thing about Clifford myself, but I'm cautiously optimistic that the stats seem to show that he's not just a talentless, face-punching plugger. If that's actually the case, then great, because more toughness is always good if it comes in the form a guy who can actually play.

That's literally exactly what I've been saying.

Just concerned that the lack of speed and skill that I see in the highlights is somehow off.

Any chance Clifford gets some ice time with JT and Willy ?
I can see Keefe giving that a test run

He's not fast or skilled, but when he is on the ice the puck is usually in the other teams end. Which is exactly the style Dubas/Keefe want to play.

It also means our 4th line is defending less and giving up less, and our first line is getting more ozone faceoffs.

Also Spezza having the puck in the other teams end = good.

He's not fast or skilled, but when he is on the ice the puck is usually in the other teams end. Which is exactly the style Dubas/Keefe want to play.

It also means our 4th line is defending less and giving up less, and our first line is getting more ozone faceoffs.

Also Spezza having the puck in the other teams end = good.
Data bad, Youtube good

Spooky

kyle-clifford-2019-40.jpg

Clifford and his role here has been distracting me, but I'm really excited about Campbell actually.

Just for Campbell alone, I love this trade. Still, fucking Hutch though, I've never seen one player singlehandedly fuck up a season the way he has for us this year.

Clifford and his role here has been distracting me, but I'm really excited about Campbell actually.

Just for Campbell alone, I love this trade. Still, fucking Hutch though, I've never seen one player singlehandedly **** up a season the way he has for us this year.

Niemi did it for the Habs last year. A better backup up and they likely get those 4 extra points.

It’s frustrating as hell.

Back