• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Marlies win against 8-4 but Sandin had to leave the game with an injury. Not sure what happened.

The Marlies are 8-2-3, third best record in the AHL.

Marlies win against 8-4 but Sandin had to leave the game with an injury. Not sure what happened.

The Marlies are 8-2-3, third best record in the AHL.
Not sure what his coaching record is in the AHL but his win percentage has to be up there with some records. I know Dubas has given him good teams but still.

Not sure what his coaching record is in the AHL but his win percentage has to be up there with some records. I know Dubas has given him good teams but still.

189-89-31
110 pt pace for four full seasons plus the start of this one.
3/5 years with a top 5 powerplay.

Bruce Cassidy, Bill Peters, Jared Bednar, Jeff Blashill, Todd McLellan, John Hynes, John Cooper, Travis Green, Paul Maurice have collectively coached 32 AHL seasons.

They've hit 50 wins in a season three times, none of them more than once.

Keefe's got 2 in four seasons. His teams have been pretty dominant. Mind you, our organization has been able to use their financial might to better effect in that league over the past four years.

Certainly can't be discounted that the GM fills the team with talent. However, the point to be made is Keefe is utilizing them properly and it results in wins and playoff performance.

The leafs are filled with talent and, well, I can save myself the paragraphs of typing.

do we know who will be taking over as Marlies coach?

Nope.

Keefe's two assistants handled the coaching duties together for last night's game. But no announcements yet on any permanent arrangements.

As well, one of Keefe's assistants with the Marlies has been his assistant coach all the way through his junior & AHL careers, so you wonder if Keefe is going to want that guy to join him with the Leafs as well. Usually a new coach would get to pick at least one of his guys.

He should pick all of them. I don’t like this carryover.

Head coach picks systems at the end of the day. There was way too much rope given to Babcock regarding bad special teams with the heat heaped onto his assistants. It's your assistant's job to run the system, not design it.

Back