• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Bracco looks like he is a coke addict. Just my opinion, haven't heard anything, but he sure has the look.

I think this kid thought it would be a lot easier to making the NHL than it has.

4 goals this year, yeesh. That ain't good kid.

He’s gonna be a Leaf next year, isn’t he?

We have a massive log jam on the wing and we're in win now mode. Kid is going to have to kick the door in to get a job and force us to trade someone to get the job next year. Hyman is a UFA after next season though, so that would open up a LW spot in theory.

He’s gonna be a Leaf next year, isn’t he?

I sorta suggested maybe he would in another thread and people (correctly, probably) pointed out that there's a lot of barriers to him making it. We have a lot of LW options.

Of course... Robertson would be the dirt cheap option and allow a cap strapped team to spend big in other areas.

So he's not quite at Sam steel/mucho/debrincat scoring but is slightly above Morgan Frost and Nick Suzuki numbers post draft year. And Just below Taylor Raddysh.

Not bad.

So he's not quite at Sam steel/mucho/debrincat scoring but is slightly above Morgan Frost and Nick Suzuki numbers post draft year. And Just below Taylor Raddysh.

Not bad.

It's tough to compare his D+1 straight up. He's a couple of days from the cut off for 2020 draft eligibility. Marner and Frost were 9 months older during their D+1's, Steel 6, Raddysh 6, Debrincat 3. Suzuki is an August birth, so that's pretty close.

It’s the goals that are really impressive. Kane and Tavares are the only 18 year olds to score over a goal per game in the O since 2005. If he keeps this up to end the year that is elite nhl goal scoring production.

Not bad.

The thing is, not a single one of those guys ever scored goals at close to the rate 18 year-old Nick Robertson is scoring them...at any point in their junior careers. Debrincat was the the only one somewhat close, with 65 goals in 63 games in his 19 year-old season.

We have a massive log jam on the wing and we're in win now mode. Kid is going to have to kick the door in to get a job and force us to trade someone to get the job next year. Hyman is a UFA after next season though, so that would open up a LW spot in theory.

I hope he get's a 10 game trial at least. If I'm not mistaken he isn't eligible for the AHL for a couple of seasons yet, although if he follows up this season with a similar one I doubt he sees much of the AHL if any.

I hope he get's a 10 game trial at least. If I'm not mistaken he isn't eligible for the AHL for a couple of seasons yet, although if he follows up this season with a similar one I doubt he sees much of the AHL if any.

Robertson only has to play one more year in the OHL before he'd be allowed to play in the AHL, not two.

The rule is that as long as you turn 20 before December 31st, you're allowed to play in the AHL that year. Travis Dermott actually played for the Marlies for a few months as a 19 year-old, since he turned 20 on December 22nd during his rookie season with the Marlies.

The thing is, not a single one of those guys ever scored goals at close to the rate 18 year-old Nick Robertson is scoring them...at any point in their junior careers. Debrincat was the the only one somewhat close, with 65 goals in 63 games in his 19 year-old season.

I'm not even sure a single guy in the OHL has scored at the goals per game rate Robertson has in like 20 years.

I'm not even sure a single guy in the OHL has scored at the goals per game rate Robertson has in like 20 years.

Here's a fun stat---no 18 year-old player in OHL history has scored goals at a higher rate than Robertson currently is, if this is accurate:

Capture.PNG

...and this isn't even up-to-date. It has him at 39 goals in 35 games instead of 41 in 36.

Back