• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Wasn't really that. He's been one of the best players in Laval since he got there last season. He's just a really fantastic story. 28 years old, played something like 3 full years in the ECHL, bounced around... Players like that, I sometimes wish they could get just one NHL game under their belt as a kind of way to say they made it.

The difference between the two is, Bud Holloway was drafted by the LA Kings over a decade ago and had there not been conflict between the two, to the point that he preferred to exile himself in Europe until the LA Kings lost his RFA rights instead of re-signing with them, he probably would have had a shot in the NHL.

Alex Belzile got his first two-way NHL contract at the age of 28. He was never drafted, never had any interest from NHL teams, lingered in the lower-tier pro leagues for a loooong time. People like him who stay so long in the ECHL are the type of people who don't have anything else to fall on. Hell, we didn't even consider him outside of one thing: We signed a bunch of minor leaguers that are from Laval & Quebec (I'll give you a hint asto why...).

I can't help but think this was the best shot he was ever going to get, considering his age and all the injuries we've had in the last month. It's very unfortunate.

Back