• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I hope he keeps it up.
He’s small though isn’t he?

He is a pitbull like Gallagher , motor is non stop

His size is fine from the 3 times I saw him this year

Intense , scrappy player .....luv his game

Will probably fill out at 185 pounds .......STEAL

Cam Hillis does almost nothing for me.

He's putting up numbers, great. He's turning 20 soon, he should be putting up numbers. Players putting up numbers in their 20 year old junior season is rarely going to wow me, that's what they should all be doing.

Hell, I'm not even sure he'll get a contract.

I read that he was battling injuries for a year and a half.

yup , I hope he gets a contract with us , we have a ton of contracts expiring from the roster limit this summer IIRC

Players with a motor and heart and some skill are what you want in the bottom 6

Better than a finesse floater who gets nothing done

I still think he'll top out as a Lehkonen type player. Bottom 6 with occasional top 6 spot duty. I see that as his ceiling (based on reading and clips).

Like GGpX said, he may not even make it. Could be another Hudon.

I still think he'll top out as a Lehkonen type player. Bottom 6 with occasional top 6 spot duty. I see that as his ceiling (based on reading and clips).

Like GGpX said, he may not even make it. Could be another Hudon.

There are no guarantees but Hudon types are worthless

Lek is the type I was thinking of as well

I dont care much for the stats of what he should be doing in his third year

He has made major strides in his game with the work ethic to go with it , thats important

Its not like McShane who cant skate and has added nothing to his game in year 4

I'm just thinking out loud a little...

I know it's not the end-all, be-all, but I just wanted to compare Norlinder to Romanov for a moment. They're both the same age, Romanov being 3 months older.

This isn't as much about Romanov, per se. It's more about Norlinder. Romanov is probably going to be named the top defenseman in the WJC, and if he isn't he'll be in the running. If he does get named top d-man in the tournament, that'll be two years in a row for him essentially being the top defenseman of his participating age group. Yeah, yeah, I know that Dahlin isn't there, that Bowen Byram might be better one day (would be surprised if he wasn't, but I digress), Sandin looks like a future stud, etc. Romanov should, in all likelihood, be in the NHL next year.

Now, for Norlinder... He's averaged 10 minutes of icetime during the tournament as one of the older players on the team. Sweden isn't exactly a defensive juggernaut, despite having 5 first or second round picks on the team. Outside of Sandin, none of them make me go wow, look at him!. I'm not discrediting them, but they're solid. Broberg is overated and skates at a speed that is too fast for his brain to compute, but that's another story.

Romanov stood out against players of his age group for two straight years, has played in the second/third best league in the world at 18 and looks destined to be a long-time NHLer. Norlinder is lagging behind players of his own age group, is doing pretty well in Sweden's second best league and has a lot of question marks about him.

Can we just be a little patient with him and wait a little bit? It's worth repeating, but before seeing him in North America, I want to see him in the Swedish Elite League. The Allsvenskan is nice, but the level of play there isn't great. Hell, I wouldn't mind if he stayed in Sweden for another two years after this season. He's not going to be ready overnight.

All I hope is he turns into a legit bonefide top 3/4 D with us . His poise , IQ , skating , and efficiency should translate well
In the NHL. His transition game and defensive smarts are his strengths , a bonus would be an improved offensive game

Kudos to our draft team finding this possible gem

The Russian scout who got us to take Romanov deserves a lot of praise for it.

Everybody saw him as a complete reach. Sometimes, if you really like the player, and past the first 20-25 picks, you just sometimes have to say to hell with the lists and the consensus and just take him.

The Russian scout who got us to take Romanov deserves a lot of praise for it.

Everybody saw him as a complete reach. Sometimes, if you really like the player, and past the first 20-25 picks, you just sometimes have to say to hell with the lists and the consensus and just take him.

I don’t even think he was ranked on draft lists on some scouting services

Timmins mentioned he was intrigued at some mini camp overseas and thought maybe someone takes him in the third but with multiple seconds we took a chance

That's pretty awesome. For a guy who was a bit of a project it's great to hear that he may be figuring it out a bit.

It appears Romanov suffered an elbow injury in the gold-medal game against Canada and hasn't returned to action in the KHL yet.

Back