• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

It’s funny, even Doug fucking Ford & Jason Kenney have gotten the memo about cutting out the usual partisan BS during a crisis...and here’s Andrew Scheer doing Andrew Scheer things:

...I’m so glad Canadians by and large saw through this loser. Looking through his twitter feed the last few days, it’s all partisan attacks, him railing against the carbon tax and a tweet celebrating the “legacy” of Pope John Paul II.

I honestly think it's pretty easy to be a politician during a public health crisis. Listen to the experts, get up there and say some heartwarming things about the resilience of the country, talk about this not being the time for politics and how we're all a team. Then do whatever the health experts say. Even people that hate you will give you some credit.

I honestly think it's pretty easy to be a politician during a public health crisis. Listen to the experts, get up there and say some heartwarming things about the resilience of the country, talk about this not being the time for politics and how we're all a team. Then do whatever the health experts say. Even people that hate you will give you some credit.
Some people can't get out of their own way. The egocentric core of most of the people in power won't allow them to pass the baton.

I mean, it's gotta be a little hard to completely shut down the city/province/country for months. But yeah, this is where you just need to be an average human being to understand the stuff, follow the rules, and get out of the way. As mentioned, even partisans like Ford have learned - he probably now realizes how dumb his "go have fun on spring break" comment was and is now taking the proper tone. It's the politicians who seem less than human like Scheer, Trump, and those handfull of US governors who have trouble.

I mean, it's gotta be a little hard to completely shut down the city/province/country for months. But yeah, this is where you just need to be an average human being to understand the stuff, follow the rules, and get out of the way. As mentioned, even partisans like Ford have learned - he probably now realizes how dumb his "go have fun on spring break" comment was and is now taking the proper tone. It's the politicians who seem less than human like Scheer, Trump, and those handfull of US governors who have trouble.

Definitely but few people would blame the politician for deferring to public health experts. If you polled me on Ford's response, even I would say approve, EVEN after him fucking up at first, and even though I hate the guy. News outletss line up to praise Trump for tone after 10 minutes of him talking somewhat normally before he goes back to his usual sociopathic shit and they can't anymore.

I feel like now, more than ever, it’s easy to pick out the politicians who are incapable of empathy and/or value their own gut feelings over evidence and expert opinion.

b86.jpg

Trying to keep his job is definitely why Scheer is taking pot shots at Trudeau though. It plays well with westerners regardless of what else is going on.

OTTAWA — Andrew Scheer billed the Conservative party for his kids' private Catholic school, private security, an extra housekeeper, his minivan and clothes for his family, a party review of the outgoing leader's spending has concluded.

his minivan and clothes for his family

his minivan

What a sad sack loser twat. Fucking guy can't even steal money right.

So it looks like my internet is down. Because why would I want to watch my tv when unimportant announcements are happening. Which channel would it be on so I can see if I can catch it from my phone. Utter garbage

I think CP24.

How much data do you have on your phone? You may be able to temporarily set up your p
So it looks like my internet is down. Because why would I want to watch my tv when unimportant announcements are happening. Which channel would it be on so I can see if I can catch it from my phone. Utter garbage

Yeah, CP24's website is advertising that they'll be carrying Ford's press conference live.

I'd expect at least a couple of others (CTV, Global) will be as well.

I just rebooted everything and it’s back up. This momma almost lost her shit. Can’t not have internet or tv for the love of all that’s right in the world

I just rebooted everything and it’s back up. This momma almost lost her shit. Can’t not have internet or tv for the love of all that’s right in the world

My internet’s died on me too four or five times this week. Though each time unplugging my modem & router and plugging them back in had got things up and running again.

I assume it’s something to do with all the strain the networks must be under with most of the population at home.

Back