• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

Yeah, I mean I have nothing wrong with you saying, "hey doc, go to Fort Mac and make 500k a year, or Calgary the salary is 200k". But telling them where they can and can't go just seems weird.

He is pandering to his rural AB base. They are struggling to get physicians, as it typical with a lot of rural places, but usually they have to pay a little more to get them

This way they get their medical staff they need and for the same price as inner city staff

He is pandering to his rural AB base. They are struggling to get physicians, as it typical with a lot of rural places, but usually they have to pay a little more to get them

This way they get their medical staff they need and for the same price as inner city staff

Yep, this is exactly it. Part of the rural Alberta pysche is that it's a way better place to live than the city, why would you ever want to live in the city, etc. So if Dr Iqbal would just give them a try, surely he'll stay.

They're wrong and rural Alberta is shit, but whatever.

McGuinty/whatsherface oversaw a whole pile of privatizing creep in health care.
Scaremongering to make people look the other way when they do the same.

In any event, Neoliberalism Remember When #294,387 ...

Remember when they used to clear the snow and ice from city streets? Good times.

McGuinty/whatsherface oversaw a whole pile of privatizing creep in health care.
Scaremongering to make people look the other way when they do the same.

In any event, Neoliberalism Remember When #294,387 ...

Remember when they used to clear the snow and ice from city streets? Good times.
Could just do what the 'right of center' power brokers did when they knew Social Credit was DOA in BC after Vander Zalm and just co-opted the then comatose provincial BC Liberal party & 'faux reinvent' themselves. Pretty slick.

That was around the start of everything drifting to the right in politics. The Liberals are now to the right of PCs from the 80s in every region and federally. The culture wars have been used to mask this.

Texas could be a Dem stronghold sooner than later. Demographics are gonna catch up to them quicker than the GOP can suppress the vote.

But yeah, Scheer is just as ineffectual a weenie as ever. Enjoying the cons upcoming civil war thanks to him.

Wants to run up the vote in Alberta and Saskatchewan, that's the way to winning the next election.

He wants that one seat the NDP hold in Edmonton real bad.

At this point, unless he really is delusional, I don't think Scheer gives two shits about winning general elections or what's best for his party.

All he cares about is holding on like grim death to his job as CPC leader.

And I suppose his best path to doing that is probably to write off Eastern Canada and double down on getting the Western base fired up as possible about keeping him on leading up to the leadership convention.

All he cares about is holding on like grim death to his job as CPC leader.

Well yeah, the Sun media network already has the knives out for him.

Like the Sun gives a fuck about Scheer "shunning" a rookie MP.

This story was of course broken by Russian state media, who released it with an edited version of a longer video, featuring only Trudeau's comments about Trump's impromptu and overly long presser.
And Canadian media naturally ran with it.

Back