• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

Man, do I ever not miss this motherfucker.

Here we have the former PM claiming that there are no “right of center journalists” in Canada, lamenting the fact that we have no “Fox News” equivalent in Canada, and blaming his election loss in large part on a hopelessly biased super left-wing media that he claims conspired together to give him negative or no coverage:

Seems like he’s still very much on the Republican culture warrior track he appeared to be fully embracing by the time Canadians overwhelmingly came together to give him the boot.

it'll always bring me pleasure knowing Harper will never be able to get over losing and that it'll haunt him for the rest of his life

Last edited:
it'll always bring me pleasure knowing Harper will never be able to get over losing and that it'll haunt him for the rest of his life

his nightmare fuel...

tenor.gif

Alberta reopening....
restos and pubs with limited capacity
golf courses
haircuts, etc
indoor limit stayed at 15 ppl
outdoor limit extended to 50 ppl
everything still requires 2m distance though

Start of reopening (May14 to yesterday)
+50
+58
+72
+57
+39
+33
+19
+33
+32
+18
+42
+19
+22
+25
+28
+25
+13
+18

I am kinda shocked that cases have not gone up.

A few notes

- people seem to not care in grocery stores anymore - I was only one wearing a mask, and nobody was following social distancing arrows, and less likely to keep their distance from me

- I see a ton of people breaking rules by playing soccer, slo pitch, and basketball (unless some households are 20+ similarly aged adults

- anybody in Alberta can get tested now - showing symptoms or not

Alberta reopening....
restos and pubs with limited capacity
golf courses
haircuts, etc
indoor limit stayed at 15 ppl
outdoor limit extended to 50 ppl
everything still requires 2m distance though

Start of reopening (May14 to yesterday)
+50
+58
+72
+57
+39
+33
+19
+33
+32
+18
+42
+19
+22
+25
+28
+25
+13
+18

I am kinda shocked that cases have not gone up.

A few notes

- people seem to not care in grocery stores anymore - I was only one wearing a mask, and nobody was following social distancing arrows, and less likely to keep their distance from me

- I see a ton of people breaking rules by playing soccer, slo pitch, and basketball (unless some households are 20+ similarly aged adults

- anybody in Alberta can get tested now - showing symptoms or not
I used to enjoy going to the grocery store. Now I try to go on Friday nights right before close. And there are still assholes shopping like the pandemic doesn’t exist. I call them out on things but doesn’t seem to matter at all.

A lot of places around the world who have loosened restrictions seem not to have seen much of a corresponding uptick.

with all the protests going on in the US, if we don't see a big uptick in two weeks, it's very possible that the virus doesn't do well outdoors

with all the protests going on in the US, if we don't see a big uptick in two weeks, it's very possible that the virus doesn't do well outdoors
Early returns are kind of making me think that's the case. Warmer weather may help as well.

Back