• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
You’ll disagree but I believe Barr came to the conclusion to reduce the recommended sentence to Stone on his own, it was a bit heavy handed in context. Then Trump tweets his idiocy and makes Barr look like a schmuck.

My take is this is the pushback trying to get him to stop opining on specific cases.

I’m good with stopping all this crap altogether. Tired of it all.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
it was a bit heavy handed in context.
Your entire justice system is heavy handed. This would be a hell of a time and place to alter from established norms. Some dude just got 12 years tacked on to his sentence for getting caught with a cell phone in jail.

Habsy

Your entire justice system is heavy handed. This would be a hell of a time and place to alter from established norms. Some dude just got 12 years tacked on to his sentence for getting caught with a cell phone in jail.
Can’t argue there. Some black kid gets 5 years for a joint. Guess Stone can’t cry about it.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
If Roger Stone was a black gangster from South Central and he had tampered with and threatened a witness, they would be trying to put him away for as long as possible.

Habsy

If Roger Stone was a black gangster from South Central and he had tampered with and threatened a witness, they would be trying to put him away for as long as possible.
Ummm they were already trying to put him away for max sentence.

Habsy

The way the DOJ sees this is if Trump is not going to stop tweeting about ongoing investigations, they’re going to ensure the investigations are no longer ongoing. This gives Trump the choice of tweeting or having the investigations happen.

Trump will of course choose tweeting.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
The way the DOJ sees this is if Trump is not going to stop tweeting about ongoing investigations, they’re going to ensure the investigations are no longer ongoing. This gives Trump the choice of tweeting or having the investigations happen.

Trump will of course choose tweeting.
Or....there really wasn't nearly enough meat on the bone to bring charges and most of the noise was just bat shit right wing fever dreams?

I mean, the idea that Barr wouldn't go after Trump's political enemies who had actually committed provable crimes because Trump might tweet about it...is exactly as silly as it sounds.

Habsy

Or....there really wasn't nearly enough meat on the bone to bring charges and most of the noise was just bat shit right wing fever dreams?
The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Clear the dockets so Trump’s hilarity doesn’t reflect on them.

Let’s be clear, McCabe lied to Congress too, they have him dead to rights on that charge, yet they shut it down. That’s fine, I think it’s all bs. Everyone lies to Congress including the congressmen.

Habsy

I mean, the idea that Barr wouldn't go after Trump's political enemies who had actually committed provable crimes because Trump might tweet about it...is exactly as silly as it sounds.
Because you think Barr is in the tank. I don’t. I think he just has his own beliefs in the system and will do what he feels is right. I don’t see him as a lap dog.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
He's a hand picked Trumpist (that was penning quasi love letters to Trump prior to getting the job), why do you think that he's just now started caring about how being in Trump's orbit reflects on him?

zeke

nothing to do with schiff, everything to do with barr's own words and actions.

he has already publicly reversed himself on everything he apparently held as "ideology" regarding the respective powers of the presidency and the judiciary prior to trump.