• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It's a shame Firefly didn't come out in the age of social media and online streaming services.

In this day and age, it probably would have run for 10 seasons.

It's a shame Firefly didn't come out in the age of social media and online streaming services.

In this day and age, it probably would have run for 10 seasons.

They did one movie, Serenity, which was really good and then again nothing.

I liked the throwback feel of the show, Whedon needs to bring it back.

As an aside, how is it possible that Morena Baccarin is even hotter now than she was then?

They did one movie, Serenity, which was really good and then again nothing.

I liked the throwback feel of the show, Whedon needs to bring it back.

As an aside, how is it possible that Morena Baccarin is even hotter now than she was then?

I think it was always intended that Serenity would be the end of the story. Originally, they'd just left the story hanging when the show was abruptly cancelled at the end of their first season, but then Serenity came along a few years later to give the story a proper ending. And they did a great job with it, I loved that movie.

Considering the major characters that exited stage left in that movie though, I'm not expecting we'll ever see a revival of the show. But I guess you never know. If one of Netflix or Amazon Prime Video swooped in and started the show back up, there would be a huge built-in audience.

And Morena Baccarin...oof. Some actors/actresses seem to have the immortality gene, and she's one of them for sure. "Serenity" was shot over 15 years ago now and if she's even aged at all since, she's aged like a fine wine.

Have our friends atop the Democratic party fallen in line to sing the chorus yet?

Jeebus, this is the 60's and y70's all over again in Latin America. My parent's fled Uruguay in the early 70's because of the spread of fucking CIA backed Juntas and dictatorships. I actually had an uncle (married my dad's sister and later divorced) who worked for the CIA, helped create the death squads , and had car bombs planted in left gov't officials or university student protestors (Tupamaros) cars. (yes this guy was in my family for a bit and the reason my parents got the hell out of Uruguay in the 70's)

All because the Chicago school of economics ideas of controlling latin american markets by planting puppet regimes.

This is what I see happening again FFS. This hits me right in my core man.

It's a bad recurring nightmare. Sorry to hear how your family was affected by the shit going on back then. Canada used to welcome refugees from these disgusting episodes. Now we support them.

Back