• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It may yet. He's got lots of baggage to disqualify him. Bernie supporters trying to draw attention. Not much success so far.

It may yet. He's got lots of baggage to disqualify him. Bernie supporters trying to draw attention. Not much success so far.
You do know another moderate in the field only draws support away from Klubachar, mayor Pete and Old man Joe?

You do know those three are nonviable and do not have oceans of money to buy ads, endorsements, media silence, and campaign staff?

You do know those three are nonviable and do not have oceans of money to buy ads and campaign staff?
Bloomberg isn't going to singlehandedly kill the Biden, Pete, and Klubachar campaigns, at least not until its far too late.

Meanwhile Bernie/Warren supporters aren't going to jump ship to Bloomberg.

Bloomberg will do nothing but keep the moderates divided while Sanders picks up the progressive momentum. The worst thing for sanders, the absolute worst thing is the moderate vote finding a candidate to coalesce around. If Bloomberg can muddy the waters, its a net Sanders win.

Klob and Chete have almost no non-white support. Their weakness will be apparent soon enough.
Which, without Bloomberg, would allow Biden to potentially surge ahead. With Bloomberg, I think him and Biden split it and allow Bernie to keep getting wins.

If I were you, I would hope everyone from, Pete, Klo, Biden, Bloom, all of them to stay in the race fighting each other for as long as possible, and for warren to continue to fade.

Biden is dead with or without Bloomberg.

Your analysis seems to assume that people vote on ideological lines. That's just not the case outside of a small minority. Piles of all those 'moderate' voters have no probs with Bernie and like many of his policies.

Back