• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

yikes. markets still tanking.

Dow now approaching 25K - a mark first reached in january of 2018. That's over 2 years of growth gone. There better be a rebound.

I mean I knew the trump bubble was an epic bubble but still, this fucking sucks.
Didn't expect it to happen like this. Coronavirus legitimately has a dramatic impact on global economy so until we see any sort of positive news, this is the type of shit that can linger for awhile. Or as CH1 says, eventually some pretty horse shit case scenarios will have to be priced in at some point and we get the bounce.

I'm with CH1. Everyone is predicting an end of day dump today from fears of holding over the weekend. I don't mind a contrarian play here (not that I plan on playing it...). The relief bounce should be epic with these historically over-extended charts.

I'm speaking my mind too. You're suggesting moderation because you don't like the content. It better not happen.
I'm just catching up... so this may have been cleared up by now... but I'm pretty sure Habsy wasn't referring to having moderators "moderate" the posts. He was asking zeke is he could be more moderate with the retweets.

As much as I have almost identical political views as zeke... I do find this thread difficult to read at times due to the tweets. There are just SOOOOO many.

I dont see the difference between a tweet, or posting links to news stories like we used to.

The issue imo is that there is a metric fuckton of goofy shit going on these days in the US.

I, too, hated it at first. But zeke is kinda how I get a lot of my news. I don't like the idea of asking him to stop or censor himself because this is obviously the most important thread we have going here. Far more important than 2005 having a full blown meltdown because a bunch of white millionaires didn't put rubber disks into nets at a high rate.

I, too, hated it at first. But zeke is kinda how I get a lot of my news. I don't like the idea of asking him to stop or censor himself because this is obviously the most important thread we have going here. Far more important than 2005 having a full blown meltdown because a bunch of white millionaires didn't put rubber disks into nets at a high rate.
Dear god, don't make Zeke your main source of news. Zeke is as fair and balanced as fox news. While he may not be wrong, a lot of the things he posts is agenda driven.

TR-05032020-TRURO_BLOCKADE-1_large.JPG

this thread was invented to get my american politics fetish out of the other news/politics threads, iirc.
Fair... And to be clear. I'm not really complaining (maybe I was a bit) cause I like a pretty good portion of it.

If I'm being honest, I'd say I'm being lazy most of the time. I don't want to read a long Twitter thread. I request that you give a brief "tldr" synopsis.

Back