• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Ah ha, ok, got it. Thanks.

At least in Canada (under our chapter 11 equivalent) priority in insolvency is first ranking / secured debt, unsecured debt and then equity.

its a court monitored process and can leave equity empty handed if there’s nothing left over after the creditors are satisfied.
I worked for a company that assisted them in auctioning the cars. A lot of profit in doing so.

Sounds like the others have buy backs with manufacturers for their owned fleet rather than relying on auctions. Less flex but not subject to market factors. I’m assuming hertz adds to the mix moving forward.

I really don't understand what the plan is in the fall/winter.

Cases will obviously spike, add in the flu and cold weather/people stuck inside. They can't keep shutting things down going forward because you risk complete economic mayhem/public breakdown. And at this point the contact tracing is not where it needs to be so trying to isolate all those cases and keep people away from infected individuals is going to be a challenge.

Basically, besides a complete change in strategy and public health direction, this could turn bad really quickly. And the general masses are already fed up.

It’s funny, Sessions is one of the racist godfathers of the GOP, and was one of Trump’s earliest Republican supporters when he was still a candidate.

He’s also, through good & bad, continued to sycophantically support Trump in public since then.

Still, all of that wasn’t good enough to keep him off Trump’s shit list. All because Trump needs to focus the blame and rage for the Mueller investigation on someone other than himself.

And because as much as Sessions is an irredeemable piece of shit himself, he at least wasn’t willing to pull a Bill Barr and treat being the President’s personal lawyer & fixer as an essential part of the USAG’s job description.

And because as much as Sessions is an irredeemable piece of shit himself, he at least wasn’t willing to pull a Bill Barr and treat being the President’s personal lawyer & fixer as an essential part of the USAG’s job description.

That's the thing, Session is a shitty human being, but he still has a line he won't cross (that's how shitty people generally cope with their shittiness).

Trump has no line, that I can see.

Back