• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

No doubt how this resolves is Trump asks his staff why the heck the market suddenly faltered, and they tell him because of this executive order, and he gets enraged and demands to know which moron is responsible for it and that they immediately rescind it.

I'd say it's not a good luck but considering the tan and all the other issues that cost lives? I've seen uglier from this asshat.

This would be the worst thing most presidents would have done, with Trump it barely rates.

As much as I like seeing Trump lose his shit, I personally think Twitter made a mistake. The fact is, Twitter, FB, Google are unregulated monopolies with very little oversight. Trump is obviously the wrong guy doing it for the wrong reasons, but I’m not sure why Twitter wanted to open up this can of worms.

Unlike Facebook, Twitter actually seems to feel they have a responsibility for how their platform is used. Fact checking Trump is ballsy, but its consistent with the other actions they have taken (e.g. banning political adds, censoring disinformation etc.).

Thats also why Zuckerberg has been going full court press trying to distance Facebook from this. He wants no part of that responsibility.

More like a Nero. At least Caligula was probably operating with less than a full deck as an excuse.

86mx7hh.gif

Unlike Facebook, Twitter actually seems to feel they have a responsibility for how their platform is used. Fact checking Trump is ballsy, but its consistent with the other actions they have taken (e.g. banning political adds, censoring disinformation etc.).

Thats also why Zuckerberg has been going full court press trying to distance Facebook from this. He wants no part of that responsibility.

Oh it's worse than that - Zuckerberg has hired people from fox to curate its news and uses daily caller and breitbart as fact checkers.

Back