• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Took me 9 days to get mine. My wife 15 days and we got ours at the same time. They go by alphabetical order which seems nutty to me.

What is typical protocol for testing

If you have flu like symptoms do they want everyone going in , or you tried the stay at home for a few days and its not getting better and go test

I thought results were available in a few days

The model the WH is using keeps going down in terms of deaths predicted. 60,000 by the end of August now.

I think they'll have 60,000 in a few weeks.

The model the WH is using keeps going down in terms of deaths predicted. 60,000 by the end of August now.

I think they'll have 60,000 in a few weeks.

If the areas hit were counted accurately they might be at 60K now. Looking at the all cause mortality numbers in New York City was pretty shocking. A lot of people are just dying at home without medical intervention.

I knew the "Team Canada" non-partisan approach couldn't last for long. Ford and the other premiers and federal leaders are still on-board at least, but Kenney & Scheer can't help but be petty partisans trying to use the crisis to rile up their base.

So much for hoping this virus will die in hot/humid weather.

(Reuters) - Singapore's health ministry confirmed 942 more coronavirus infections on Saturday, a new daily record, the vast majority of which are among migrant workers living in dormitories.

It's amazing to me the disparity in infection rates from place to place. I mean sure maybe Australia and BC had moderately better interventions but they are so far ahead of the curve. It feels very random. Genetics, pre-existing conditions, mutations, climate, immunology. So many variables.

Sadly it's only after the fact that will probably realize that there was an easy way to massively mitigate the impacts of this virus.

Ya Australia is kicking our ass and seem to have taken all the same measures we have at around the same time in the outbreak.

Ya Australia is kicking our ass and seem to have taken all the same measures we have at around the same time in the outbreak.

I could be wrong but their travel by numbers is nowhere near that of New York or Europe

Europe has a 300 million reach within a 2 hour flight and cheap travel encourages vacationers to roam

NY is a world major hub for airport traffic tourism and business trips

Australia/ New Zealand are isolated and can easily shut down travel and react quicker

Suicides are expected to increase with unemployment. They need to implement some sort of mental health assistance via telemedicine. Therapists should be able to see the patient, not just hear them on the phone. I don’t think this should be ignored because some states are rushing to reopen, this will be a serious problem.

Suicides are expected to increase with unemployment. They need to implement some sort of mental health assistance via telemedicine. Therapists should be able to see the patient, not just hear them on the phone. I don’t think this should be ignored because some states are rushing to reopen, this will be a serious problem.

I can attest to this. My mental health patients are having a really hard time. And the province hasn't done a good enough job to support these people during this time.

I could be wrong but their travel by numbers is nowhere near that of New York or Europe

Europe has a 300 million reach within a 2 hour flight and cheap travel encourages vacationers to roam

NY is a world major hub for airport traffic tourism and business trips

Australia/ New Zealand are isolated and can easily shut down travel and react quicker

Likely so. Montreal has a lot of back and forth with NYC and France.

Back