• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

blkngldbabe

I’m ok with moist actually. It’s the pairing that gags me out. Wet market is a nasty place. I Can almost smell it even though I’ve never been to one. So having it in the sun, drying out to Moist instead of wet?

Aberdeen

WHO saying no evidence of immunity after infection.... Which would really suck. Though at the same time, they're not saying there is evidence of the opposite either.

Preston

WHO saying no evidence of immunity after infection.... Which would really suck. Though at the same time, they're not saying there is evidence of the opposite either.
From what I understand, based on other coronaviruses it's far more likely than not that there's some sort of immunity for at least a few months. But at the moment there's no hard proof of that.

SundinsTooth

Leafs Moderator
This study could help explain why this thing ripped through Northern Italy.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/24/coronavirus-detected-particles-air-pollution

Coronavirus has been detected on particles of air pollution by scientists investigating whether this could enable it to be carried over longer distances and increase the number of people infected.
The work is preliminary and it is not yet known if the virus remains viable on pollution particles and in sufficient quantity to cause disease.
The Italian scientists used standard techniques to collect outdoor air pollution samples at one urban and one industrial site in Bergamo province

Neurospasm

Well we finally had our first bit of good weather yesterday and our town was packed with people. You couldn’t social distance if you tried...so much for that.

leaffan2005

Not very good chatter coming from the medical/scientific community re: a lack of antibodies in patients with previous COVID infections. If true, would make a vaccine very hard to produce.

leaffan2005

Yeah there are trials. Doesn't mean they will be successful. People need to develop an antibody response to the virus to get an effective vaccine response.