• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Cannabis claims to cure everything in one study or another. We'll never die; just got to stay high

Bleedsblue&white

weed to the rescue??
https://nypost.com/2020/05/21/scientists-believe-cannabis-could-help-prevent-treat-coronavirus/amp/

They have high hopes for a coronavirus breakthrough.

A team of Canadian scientists believes it has found strong strains of cannabis that could help prevent and then treat coronavirus infections, according to interviews and a study.

Researchers from the University of Lethbridge said that a study in April showed at least 13 cannabis plants high in CBD that appeared to affect the ACE2 pathways that the bug uses to access the body.

“We were totally stunned at first, and then we were really happy,” one of the researchers, Olga Kovalchuk, told CTV News.
Odds are I'm not getting the virus.

worm

my favourite google sheet

ontario and quebec doubling every 45 days

SundinsTooth

Leafs Moderator
Only four days in since some restrictions were lifted and we are back to trending in the wrong direction. 427 new cases in Ontario today (highest in two weeks). People keep talking about the second wave...jeeze.

Aberdeen

Hospitalization rates and death rates have remained pretty steady or decreased, it's so difficult to separate infection rates from testing strategy. That said it's pretty discouraging.

Wayward DP

LF05 has already posted here twice that they are expanding testing in ON, and to expect an increase in cases because of this.

axlsalinger

Today's numbers. I can't imagine there's much government interest in testing in Russia & Brazil, so who knows how high the total really is.

1,588,322 US
326,448 Russia
310,087 Brazil
255,533 United Kingdom
234,824 Spain
228,658 Italy
181,951 France
179,278 Germany
153,548 Turkey
131,652 Iran
124,073 India
108,769 Peru
84,081 China
82,798 Canada

Preston

LF05 has already posted here twice that they are expanding testing in ON, and to expect an increase in cases because of this.
I think the number of tests that they've actually been completing has decreased pretty significantly in the past couple weeks despite the change in testing criteria. Tbh it doesn't seem too encouraging that we seem to be having some issues, particularly because of the spike in the gta.

oscarheyman

Today's numbers. I can't imagine there's much government interest in testing in Russia & Brazil, so who knows how high the total really is.

1,588,322 US
326,448 Russia
310,087 Brazil
255,533 United Kingdom
234,824 Spain
228,658 Italy
181,951 France
179,278 Germany
153,548 Turkey
131,652 Iran
124,073 India
108,769 Peru
84,081 China
82,798 Canada
Don't they have ALOT of windows in Russia though?

leaffan2005

I think the number of tests that they've actually been completing has decreased pretty significantly in the past couple weeks despite the change in testing criteria. Tbh it doesn't seem too encouraging that we seem to be having some issues, particularly because of the spike in the gta.
Nah, testing numbers have gone up over the past 3 days. Think the new guidelines were instituted late last week/early this week so the increase in cases found makes sense based on that.

Preston

Nah, testing numbers have gone up over the past 3 days. Think the new guidelines were instituted late last week/early this week so the increase in cases found makes sense based on that.

I probably shouldn't trust doomsday extraordinaire, Bruce Arthur with my data. Thank you sir.

hockeylover

The graph in that link says testing's gone up the last three day but dropped pretty dramatically first to under 6,000 on the 18th so think that's what Arthur is talking about.

worm

Only four days in since some restrictions were lifted and we are back to trending in the wrong direction. 427 new cases in Ontario today (highest in two weeks). People keep talking about the second wave...jeeze.
?

+428
+391
+340
+304
+427
+390
+413

worm

The graph in that link says testing's gone up the last three day but dropped pretty dramatically first to under 6,000 on the 18th so think that's what Arthur is talking about.

ya technically it has gone up the last 3 days but testing on tuesday was the lowest in a month