• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Krustchev

You can't "become" Sweden. To be Sweden you have to **** up more at the start.

But yeah, almost every country will be opened prematurely.
How so? The purpose of the lock-down was to prevent our healthcare systems from becoming overrun and thus unable to function as needed. Mission accomplished on that front in most places. If you want to stay at home until 60%-70% of the population is immune to the virus, through a vaccine and herd immunity, that's your choice. The rest of us can make our own decisions based on how risk-averse each of us are.

zeke

Its interesting that the same people that hate lockdowns also hate the precautions that help end lockdowns.

Krustchev

Its interesting that the same people that hate lockdowns also hate the precautions that help end lockdowns.
I think most people agree that the lockdown was a necessary measure to protect healthcare systems. They worked. Given that, re-opening now is not premature. People who are most at risk to getting seriously ill and/or dying from the virus largely have ways to reduce those risks.

worm

How so? The purpose of the lock-down was to prevent our healthcare systems from becoming overrun and thus unable to function as needed. Mission accomplished on that front in most places. If you want to stay at home until 60%-70% of the population is immune to the virus, through a vaccine and herd immunity, that's your choice. The rest of us can make our own decisions based on how risk-averse each of us are.
are you senile?

worm

the re-opening is happening - gradually

of course the lockdown was not just about the healthcare system being overwhelmed

it was about PPE, research, understanding what things are risky, training people to wear masks, getting tracing up, and testing, getting rules in place, avoiding super spreaders, etc

GEEMAN

not sure if serious

because you need food to live and not shoes
The majority of the problem is care/senior retirement homes and the truly vulnerable with underlying issues

This is serious but its nowhere near this media frenzy

I get it large crowds are out of the question , but this destroying the economy and the millions that will not find work for years is total destruction

You need food but you dont need to wait 2 hours at your local grocer , you dont need to fill 2 shopping carts til August at Costco

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
At the risk of getting a ton of RIP responses to this post, I've decided that I will be venturing outside more often. I'll wear a mask, avoid large gatherings, and will continue my new habit of washing my hands 12x a day. But I'm getting out there. Right now, in almost perma quaranatine, my odds of getting corona are <1%. I'm willing to dial that up that 10x.

GEEMAN

Who is complaining about not being able to buy shoes? Are you not an adult that knows his/her shoe size? Go online (which has a much bigger selection) and buy them for less $$$.
I will give you my receipts for the return next month , you can wait in line and save me a few hours

worm

The majority of the problem is care/senior retirement homes and the truly vulnerable with underlying issues

This is serious but its nowhere near this media frenzy

I get it large crowds are out of the question , but this destroying the economy and the millions that will not find work for years is total destruction

You need food but you dont need to wait 2 hours at your local grocer , you dont need to fill 2 shopping carts til August at Costco

ya

**** them i wanna go buy shoes!!!!

worm

At the risk of getting a ton of RIP responses to this post, I've decided that I will be venturing outside more often. I'll wear a mask, avoid large gatherings, and will continue my new habit of washing my hands 12x a day. But I'm getting out there. Right now, in almost perma quaranatine, my odds of getting corona are <1%. I'm willing to dial that up that 10x.
RIP

CH1

Thankfully, I got some great shoes at end of season prices last summer. But I'm still going out!

Volcanologist

President John Magufuli, who has spent much of the crisis holed up in his remote home village, blamed the national laboratory of falsifying coronavirus tests at the behest of “imperial powers” to inflate the threat of the disease. He also claimed that his son contracted Covid-19 and healed by undergoing steam baths and drinking ginger and lemon.
hmmm....this sounds vaguely familiar somehow...can't put my finger on it...

worm

Thankfully, I got some great shoes at end of season prices last summer. But I'm still going out!
i actually bought 3 pairs of shoes - delivered to my door

two pairs of golf shoes, one pair of running shoes

30 bucks each
#coviddeals

CH1

i actually bought 3 pairs of shoes - delivered to my door

two pairs of golf shoes, one pair of running shoes

30 bucks each
#coviddeals
now you got plenty of cap space to buy weed.... or are you gonna Geoff Molson it?

Preston

I mean if we can't buy shoes is life really worth living? HOW CAN THE ECONOMY GO ON WITHOUT SHOE SHOPPING?!?!?!?

Preston

Write me in your will. If you die I take over your trading account.