• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

hockeylover

At the risk of getting a ton of RIP responses to this post, I've decided that I will be venturing outside more often. I'll wear a mask, avoid large gatherings, and will continue my new habit of washing my hands 12x a day. But I'm getting out there. Right now, in almost perma quaranatine, my odds of getting corona are <1%. I'm willing to dial that up that 10x.
These all seem like entirely reasonable things. Restaurants and pubs I’ll pass on but this sounds fine to me.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
enjoying my life a substantially more for a few percentage points of covid risk will be the best trade of the summer...if it doesn't work out, so be it.

CH1

These all seem like entirely reasonable things. Restaurants and pubs I’ll pass on but this sounds fine to me.
Yeah. I'm in no rush for any of that. Honestly, even post vaccine, I won't be the first person to hang at those places.

My big quandary is when do I visit my mom in Montreal. Could be a long while yet.

worm

because stats

Alberta has 865 active cases
83 are in continuing case facilities

only 611 (of the 6,800) cases are "community transmission"

worm

Yeah. I'm in no rush for any of that. My big quandary is when do I visit my mom in Montreal. Could be a long while yet.
what i am seeing in edmonton is that most restos and pubs have still not opened

they were allowed to open may 14

Preston

enjoying my life a substantially more for a few percentage points of covid risk will be the best trade of the summer...if it doesn't work out, so be it.
Oh I don't blame anyone for that. Even my parents, for example, who are pretty damn old. Do they really want to spend some of their last years on earth locked in a house? Have to balance your own life enjoyment and being responsible. They've been going out to do groceries and whatnot and at first I was on them but now... Meh. I get it. It could be years till the world goes back to normal and those are years they may or may not have even without covid. They've been wearing masks and being extremely paranoid about it so whatever. They understand the risks (whereas before I feel they actually didn't... I was on them well before the media was really on it).

As for me.. with my situation I think I'm going to continue being cautious but I've always been a bit of a recluse anyway. So I'm okay with the daily walk and hanging out on my deck or backyard.

CH1

what i am seeing in edmonton is that most restos and pubs have still not opened

they were allowed to open may 14
I've read the same re:Sweden. In the end, we all play a part in the decision. I can see small groups of friends hanging in well spaced patios, or grabbing takeout and hitting a park.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Yeah. I'm in no rush for any of that. Honestly, even post vaccine, I won't be the first person to hang at those places.

My big quandary is when do I visit my mom in Montreal. Could be a long while yet.
I went to Orlando yesterday, took standard precautions. I think you’ll be fine.

UWHabs

Shoes I can buy online, although if there's no reason to go outside not much reason to need new shoes.

It's the lack of haircuts, the lack of softball, and not being able to just casually browse a store that are annoying.

But overall, if it means not killing off a large chunk of the population, still a few Netflix shows I haven't gotten to yet.

Preston

My work has already started rolling out a return to work plan. Just as cases start to spike. I'm sure that'll go over well...

And no I'm not agreeing to that shit.

worm

As for me.. with my situation I think I'm going to continue being cautious but I've always been a bit of a recluse anyway. So I'm okay with the daily walk and hanging out on my deck or backyard.
Positives:
- Working from home = extra hour of sleep
- People do not fucking crowd me when I venture outside
- No handshakes or hugs
- Lots of people to golf with
- No events that I feel obligated to go to
- Saving money
- Getting crap down around the house
- Great deals on shoes
- Drink waaaay less

Negatives
- Sucks not visiting family
- I miss playing hockey

worm

My work has already started rolling out a return to work plan. Just as cases start to spike. I'm sure that'll go over well...

And no I'm not agreeing to that shit.
ya - we will do some sort of return to work in maybe july- but i will start driving to work instead of public transit

worm

Shoes I can buy online, although if there's no reason to go outside not much reason to need new shoes.

It's the lack of haircuts, the lack of softball, and not being able to just casually browse a store that are annoying.

But overall, if it means not killing off a large chunk of the population, still a few Netflix shows I haven't gotten to yet.
hate getting haircuts so i love not being able to (though now i am i have decided against it)
**** do i ever hate browsing a store - i research what i want then go buy it

slo pitch would be nice and i am guessing that starts in july - until then...i am golfing more than ever - 6 rounds this year that is already 50% of what i did last summer

Preston

Positives:
- Working from home = extra hour of sleep
- People do not fucking crowd me when I venture outside
- No handshakes or hugs
- Lots of people to golf with
- No events that I feel obligated to go to
- Saving money
- Getting crap down around the house
- Great deals on shoes
- Drink waaaay less

Negatives
- Sucks not visiting family
- I miss playing hockey
I actually agree with all of this. Miss the **** out of hockey. I took off this season anyway but it looks like I'll be taking off at least one more season. Bleh.

Other than that and seeing family, my whole life is in quarantine. Minus the travel. I already miss travel. ****. I need travel back. I actually bought a travel bag the other week because it was a great sale but I suspect it'll be like four years before I get to use it. **** me.

Preston

ya - we will do some sort of return to work in maybe july- but i will start driving to work instead of public transit
There are days when I wish I could be in the office. But for the most part I'm way more productive at home. I'd like to go in once a week though, which is probably what I'll end up doing.

CH1

There are days when I wish I could be in the office. But for the most part I'm way more productive at home slinging pot stocks. I'd like to take a break from trading and go in once a week though, which is probably what I'll end up doing.
fyp

Preston

My actual working hours are generally 4-10pm to be fair. That's not how things were designed but it is what it is. However, if I go to the office I'm not working when I come home. Hence, more productive at home.

Last edited:

hockeylover

I mostly think getting together outside and social distancing is perfectly fine in most circumstances but man, Trinity Bellwoods today from twitter looks way too packed to me.

trujaysfan

I will give you my receipts for the return next month , you can wait in line and save me a few hours
Or you return them via mail like every online retailer does. If you purchased something from a retailer that will mail you shoes but requires you to return in store that due dilligence failure is on you.