• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Noshing on raw bat meat or deliberate germ warfare, who cares? The US has responded like a banana republic clown show despite its unparalleled capacity to weather the storm. No other country has that kind of capacity. None.

This is a deliberate political act of authoritarian performative assholery of resentful dumbasses. Man, do they resent educated people.

Well, welcome to the age of serial dumbassery. The results are fuckin’ spectacular.

But hey. No one saw it coming. Right? Right?
Unfortunately this isn't just about the USA.

So the wife and I go for a walk every night. We go to the local park. We don't wear our masks... But we also make sure that we stay at least 6 feet away from anyone we pass.

Is anyone here wearing a mask while walking outside?

So the wife and I go for a walk every night. We go to the local park. We don't wear our masks... But we also make sure that we stay at least 6 feet away from anyone we pass.

Nope. Unless you are going to a crowded park it's likely unnecessary.

I’m not

did you end up getting those masks from Asia?

Of course not, full refund though. I was able to secure a box of n95's through a friend though and an easy supply of surgical masks that are much more comfortable for day to day use.

What’s a good spot to order masks these days? I’ll probably run out of my single use ones in a month.

What’s a good spot to order masks these days? I’ll probably run out of my single use ones in a month.

I get tipped off when Canadian Tire's distro centre receives a shipment for regional distribution to stores, they can be ordered on the website. Cost is about a buck a piece for a box of 50.

Reactions: CH1
I didn’t wear a mask today on my way to a quick in and out visit to my indie hardware store... only to find out the store made them mandatory and supplied anyone who didn’t have one.

Which was pretty cool; then I imagined all those whacked out Americans who would have made a giant scene in response to this act of decency and kindness.

I usually just wear a reusable cloth mask in any of the few stores I go to. I have a few disposable mask for using at the hair salon, eye Dr. or dentist.

I am surprised at the number of people, staff included, in grocery and drug stores not using masks.

I get tipped off when Canadian Tire's distro centre receives a shipment for regional distribution to stores, they can be ordered on the website. Cost is about a buck a piece for a box of 50.

what other things do you get tipped off about? And is it just CT, or do you have your tentacles wrapped around a vast network of desirable goods?

Back