• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Thank you to everyone updating this thread. The information has been really helpful.

Help me and my fiance decide to postpone our wedding from july 4th this year to july 10th next year

Really sorry about your wedding being postponed. I’m supposed to be in Mexico right now doing photography for a coworkers wedding. Feel terrible for her. You’ll have to party extra hard next summer.

Mother in-law is a nurse at one of them longterm care homes that has had multiple cases and deaths. Had some symptoms so she got tested mid last week and stopped working. Just got her results today. She's positive.

So far the symptoms are not too extreme.

Brutal. Not doing enough to support healthcare workers and LTC workers at all, IMO.

She had thoughts of saying fuck it and saying she had symptoms so she didn't have to work because of the anxiety she was getting going to work every day. Never had the heart to do it though, but I can't blame her for having those thoughts. I'm sure they all have them.

I need to buy a chest freezer.

Yep, I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on that myself. I'll be doing my bi-weekly trip to the grocery store at some point later this coming week, so I'd like to have one before then.

I'll have to start doing some research into different models and see what's available locally either for delivery or curbside pick-up.

If you have the money the stand up freezers are best IMO. The problem with chest freezers is there’s a tendency to pile the new stuff on top of the old until you eventually find something that’s been in there for years.

If you have the money the stand up freezers are best IMO. The problem with chest freezers is there’s a tendency to pile the new stuff on top of the old until you eventually find something that’s been in there for years.
Yeah. It’s a pain to rotate and you have to in order to avoid what you’re talking about. I have both and use the chest mainly for proteins. The rest goes in the upright.

Mother in-law is a nurse at one of them longterm care homes that has had multiple cases and deaths. Had some symptoms so she got tested mid last week and stopped working. Just got her results today. She's positive.

So far the symptoms are not too extreme.
Good luck. Grandmother died this morning.

Back