• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Finally a little bit of good news. From what I understand (and as the article says), dealing with the blood clotting and immune response are key, as ventilators may actually make things worse for a lot of people.

For example, doctors are now primed to expect patients with blood clotting and overactive immune responses, whereas in the early days they were looking to treat the symptoms of what was seen as primarily a respiratory disease.

And in critical care patients, the common steroid dexamethasone is now being used to dampen down the out-of-control immune reactions that can cause organ damage.

Reactions: CH1
I usually just wear a reusable cloth mask in any of the few stores I go to. I have a few disposable mask for using at the hair salon, eye Dr. or dentist.

Yep. Internal close quarters and duration matter. Evening walks with the missus and kinder are mask free.

BUT we take care about touching and adjusting masks when they are deployed. Once hands have been activated in a “risk zone”, they cannot touch the mask until it comes off.

Very troubling considering he'll just be ignored.

Jeebus will see us through. Fauci is a commie triggered librul. If you disagree, Gates and Soros paid for the chip implanted in brain, you satan lover.

Last edited:
You using cuffs or zips to retain the kid's hands?

lol

We use delivery services/zoom as much of possible, and it’s been fairly effective. The older one can keep to physical distancing. Not easy with the younger one, so it’s been a little tough (I bought a new hockey and basketball nets...)

We’ve kept them out of crowds. Tough going.

Edit: If wifey or I go into constrained area, older kid stays outside. We wear masks. Younger is never there.

Last edited:
So what is going to happen to all the Canadians planning trips to the US now that come back?

If they are dumb enough to travel there now they there is a good chance self isolating when they get back is out the window

Excess deaths is going to be the stat we need at the end of the day. And I'm talking stats, not "my friends sisters boyfriends ex's grandmothers best friend died from a blood clot."

Back