• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Are people really arguing that franchise value isnt the real driver of value for owners? If an owner needs operating profit each year then they do not have the capital to own a team.

Poor leafs have only increased value by 1500% while funding those deadbeat teams! The horror!

20200729_170631.jpg

Zekeonomics has a great new idea!!

Let’s put two teams in Arizona and watch that 1500% return double to 3000%.

Don’t fight the trend!!

Ya know, of all the teams that receive revenue sharing, I bet Phoenix has the most untapped market potential.

Are people really arguing that franchise value isnt the real driver of value for owners? If an owner needs operating profit each year then they do not have the capital to own a team.

No. Just that the Yotes franchise value is nothing because of the debt. Its worth $300 mill and they have $300 million in debt. The last owner sold them for literally $0. On top of that it loses $10+ mill a year. Thats not a good asset.

I mean there is a reason 3 owners jumped at the opportunity to literally give away the team in the last 6 years.

Maybe this guy is different.

No. Just that the Yotes franchise value is nothing because of the debt. Its worth $300 mill and they have $300 million in debt. The last owner sold them for literally $0. On top of that it loses $10+ mill a year. Thats not a good asset.

but the Leafs franchise value has skyrocketed, so that gives them more money to throw at Arizona, which lifts everyone else up. C’mon, don’t you get it??

This has been zeke's go-to thing whenever there's discussion about the cap, the fake parity, financially unviable teams, southern expansion, etc. -- the value of the teams, man! It's almost like a fan should care about billionaires' net worth.

That's the reason for all the problems down there, really.

This is finally just one too real to BS all the way thru jt.

Back