• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Based on everything we know about viruses, it would make complete sense that viral load will most often determine the severity of the illness. It makes complete sense. Same concept as minimizing your time indoors so if you are exposed, it's for a short amount of time. It's all about that viral load. As the doctor mentioned in the article, this is just a theory at this point but it would fall in line with what we know about other viruses.

The good news: positive test rate is still under 1%. In some American cities it's over 10% and back in March/April our positivity rate was way higher (leading one to believe that the numbers were mucho higher than what was being presented.. We only recently got our testing capacity up to normal standards).

The bad news: this has unfortunately been a sharp, exponential increase and we probably need to act now (i.e. start shutting shit down again) before it gets out of control. Especially now with school starting.

The other bad news: While anecdotal, I'm seeing tons of neighbors and people around my neighborhood holding house parties. People are (reasonably) fatigued.

I believe they have mentioned that indoor get-togethers and restaurants have been the main culprit but I haven't seen the actual numbers. The only level of detail we get is CP24 reporting on strip club outbreaks, but that's purely for the clickbait.

Reactions: CH1
Something I saw. Grain of salt, etc. I have far too many people on my FB timeline who would explode if they read this.

the anti mask thing is still shocking to me

i do not understand it
are they really that stupid, have they been manipulated, just looking for attention?

The other bad news: While anecdotal, I'm seeing tons of neighbors and people around my neighborhood holding house parties. People are (reasonably) fatigued.

no need for that....yet

right now the outdoor option exists - but give it a few months and things could be real bad

no need for that....yet

right now the outdoor option exists - but give it a few months and things could be real bad
Yeah seeing a lot of indoor parties lately and I'm not really sure why. I guess I under-estimated how social human beings really are. I'm having absolutely no issues, but it helps that I hate people.

With all the contact tracing going on, I really expected more detailed info on where the outbreaks are happening? Is it restaurants; is it the west vs the east side. #datafail

i am also worried when ppl get testing fatigue and we learn less and less

thinking by christmas

I gotta say, pandemic life jives with my lifestyle a lot.

I've been inside a bar/restaurant on exactly one occasion post-pandemic, and that was to celebrate our five year anniversary (and I would have been just as happy to patio it). I now find myself having more time to do the things I prefer (i.e. exercise, cook, climbing) and fewer 'obligations' that I feel compelled to attend.

I'm drinking way less, which is great, cause as I get older I enjoy it less and less.

Last summer we had a pretty shit outdoor climbing season because it seemed like we had social obligations every damn weekend. This year, we've been climbing outdoors (which involves more enjoyable socialization :p) pretty much every week except when we moved at the end of August.

Maybe I'm a weirdo/curmudgeon, but I haven't really found that the pandemic has placed any limitations on me that have much of a real impact on my life. Part of that is our little heavenly (for now) bubble. But yeah.

My yard looks better than it ever has. Planted lots of pollinators, got some 10 foot sunflowers doing their thing, grass is as weed-free as I'll get around here.

I gotta say, pandemic life jives with my lifestyle a lot.

I've been inside a bar/restaurant on exactly one occasion post-pandemic, and that was to celebrate our five year anniversary (and I would have been just as happy to patio it). I now find myself having more time to do the things I prefer (i.e. exercise, cook, climbing) and fewer 'obligations' that I feel compelled to attend.

I'm drinking way less, which is great, cause as I get older I enjoy it less and less.

Last summer we had a pretty shit outdoor climbing season because it seemed like we had social obligations every damn weekend. This year, we've been climbing outdoors (which involves more enjoyable socialization :p) pretty much every week except when we moved at the end of August.

Maybe I'm a weirdo/curmudgeon, but I haven't really found that the pandemic has placed any limitations on me that have much of a real impact on my life. Part of that is our little heavenly (for now) bubble. But yeah.

Definitely some benefits - saving money, learning more interesting things, and surprisingly it's done wonders for my family's quality of time together.

of course plenty of that is due to spending so much time outdoors. the winter might get pretty damn dark if things take a bad turn.

the anti mask thing is still shocking to me

i do not understand it
are they really that stupid, have they been manipulated, just looking for attention?
All of the above? The QAnon and cult 45 crazies think it’s some sort of conspiracy. Social media is turning scared and confused people into meltdown machines and they want a flock to feel safe with, regardless of most of it being nonsensical. It’s baffling, really.

Back