• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Banks are Going to coordinate return to work with ttc.

A lot of friends in the core are lonely deep down and soulless, and need their offices to give them a sense of purpose, so are going in even when they don’t need to. Which is crazy to me.

I’m no presto - I do miss seeing people, lunches and occasional AWDs - but I’ll be fucked if I’m going to ride transit, navigate downtown and sit in an office all day.

Ive done AWDs on fridays in my backyard with a couple colleagues who are within 30 min. We are trying to setup a 9 hole par 3 afternoon as well for anyone on the team who wants to join.

A friend of mine shared a story that kind of shocked me into a reality check.
His toddler was sick so he had him tested and at the same time both parents got tested as well. The results came back and the only one who tested positive was my buddy. He had no symptoms and has no clue how this super contagious thing got to him but not his family. He said he was being super cautious- never left his house. Thinks maybe Uber eats delivery but nothing confirmed.
Just crazy.
False positive possibly as well. It's not uncommon.

Working from home sucks, unless you have a good office set-up (which most people don't).

New Ontario rules. Last call is now 11. Trying to discourage bar hopping.

What could go wrong with opening up bars and restaurants?

Yesterday at around 6:30 I was driving along St. Clair west of Bathurst where there's a good number of bourgie restaurants frequented by the Forest Hills crowd. Every one of them looked packed and not a single mask to be seen.

The same people are going to be raging when things start getting locked down again. The business owners who didn't implement sensible covid precautions as a requirement are going to be crying to the media and the ones who did will be blaming the government and not their competitors who didn't.

Back