• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Fanboy fight: XBox V Playstation

watch the trailer and tell me at what point you honestly realize that it's a WW2 title.

The robotic arm thing you mentioned did sound ridiculous. I hate those things in these games. I want realistic battle. That sounds like advanced warfare.

Doom Eternal and Rage 2 look like things I will play at some point

Doom Eternal looks pretty f*cking awesome. The first was great. Rage looks like something i might play. Chaotic.

Playstation is going to destroy E3 tonight. Spiderman, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2 all exclusives. Plus whatever surprises they're going to come out with tonight.

I think they're a little late to the party with this kind of concept, but we'll see I guess. The time to make this game was probably some years ago.

iirc that is actually what they did

they starting making this for fallout 4 but then decided to make it its own game

if Anthem can be what Destiny 2 should have been that would be awesome

ended up pre ordering it...might cancel it

Sony had a weird E3 imo. I didn't like the intermission in the middle. I thought it really slowed the pace down. BUT that Last of Us 2 demo was fantastic. Overall i think Sony has the best games coming out so that gives them the edge. Xbox had a good show as well but nothing coming out in the immediate future to compete with Sony or Nintendo. Nintendo surprised me with a Mario Party release so soon. Smash looks like everything i've ever wanted in a Smash game. Disappointed they didn't show anything on the Pokemon RPG or Metroid but i suspect they'll save that for a reveal at the next direct.

how have you found the last few AC games?

i have found them to be less than fun

hoping this one being in greece brings things back to more AC2 level

Really? I found Origins to be the best one since Black Flag. I found Egypt to be the the most interesting to get lost in and roam around. I'm less enthused about this one coming up.

i never knew there was an egypt one....looks like i am behind
ac3 was god awful
black flag was not much better imo - unity i barely played and i guess that is where i stopped

maybe i should try origins....it should be cheap by now

how have you found the last few AC games?

i have found them to be less than fun

hoping this one being in greece brings things back to more AC2 level

AC3 was hot garbage.

Black flag was a good pirate game, meh AC game, rogue, same thing with a better story on a lesser console

Unity had a story that made no sense, controls that didn't work, a co-op that was messed up with the only thing that could somewhat keep the game being the absolute worst in the series being the beautiful city of Paris that you get to explore.

Syndicate had a better story, controls were fixed and smoother, but it got really boring about halfway through.

Origins though. Egypt. The world, the controls, the addition of a modern day story and a protaganist that makes sense. (The office espionage era of AC was a downright embarrassment to gaming). You need to play it. They gutted a lot of things that had gotten repetative over the series. Eagle vision? Gone. Replaced with an actual eagle that acts as a drone. Mini map? Gone. Replaced with actually needing to bring up a map. Synching to viewpoints in order to see an area and remove fog of war? Gone. All it does now is make your eagle more perceptive and act as fast travel points. It doesn't feel like any Assassins creed game you have ever played before. This may also very related to the fact that... You are not playing as an assassin. There are no assassins. The rules, the dogma, the rigid rules of being part of an order that has existed for thousands of years doesn't tie into this game because the creed doesn't exist. But you get to watch how it forms, a very interesting plot point.

The multiple distinct environments, the huge amount of side quests, emotional main quest, the era(romans, Greeks, native egyptians, all will mess you up at some point). the tech tree system allows you to build an assassin tailored to your skills in order to best fight these ancient warriors.

My wife built a stealth build that could murder anyone with a bow from a hundred yards away, or a hidden blade from around a corner.

I built a brawler who could fight up to 5 guys at once.

My wife acquired weapons that absorbed health as she fought. I acquired weapons that poisoned and hurt people as I landed hits or blocked shots.

The only thing that I didnt like about the game is that once you finish the hundred plus side quests there was nothing much to do. But every Assassins creed suffers this problem, nothing unique to origins. Also no multiplayer, but to be fair, the series has never been able to find a good way to implement it, and the harder they tried, the worse the games got.

Odyssey looks like they will build on Origins, another place from history that looks absolutly amazing, with spartans and athenians going to it, a witcher 3 feel to it, as opposed to the linear story of origins, as nice as it was, and I guess my wife will be able to play a badass woman for a whole game instead of just parts of a game.

Ubisoft is starting to take huge steps toward bringing the series back to AC2 with strong, beautiful environments, a modern day story that doesn't drag down the rest of the series, likeable main protagonists(FU Connor), without gimmicks as the hook(FU revalations and Syndicate). Origins was a huge step towards that, Odyssey looks like them fleshing it out.

Last edited:
Back